Summer: Victoria, B.C.; Winter: Sun Peaks, B.C.

Default Park Assist sensor has fixed itself

I bought my 2006 XC70 2 weeks ago (137,000 kms=85,000 miles) and it came with a broken Park Assist sensor. So today while backing into my parking stall in my condo parking garage the CD player turns itself off and I hear a beeping sound. Also when putting the tranny in R the stereo message screen says "Parking Assist Active".

How can a broken system (sensor) fix itself?

Probably the sensor wasn't broken at all, but perhaps it is/was a bad contact in the wiring.
    If so, the problem may not be solved permanently.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

I had a similar issue, where water was getting into the the #3 sensor wiring and the park assist did not work. When it was very cold in the winter, it would work intermittently and the same when it was dry and hot for a period of time in the summer. Eventually, I had the bad sensor replaced and it works full time now.
    Current Vehicles
    2011 XC70
    2013 Audi Q5
    2000 Kawasaki KLR650
    1991 BMW K75 RT

Summer: Victoria, B.C.; Winter: Sun Peaks, B.C.

The Park Assist has stopped working again, so I have Chapman Motors sourcing a used sensor for me from their Volvo wrecking yard. I questioned them about the wisdom of using a used part and they said it has a 90 day warranty.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I had two sensors replaced on our '06 so far. The most recent one I acquired online for $30. Works just fine.