Default How can I activate VIDA so I can know how to fix something on my 2007 XC70 myself?

I was shocked when I learned after purchase that if I wanted directions to fix most anything on this dear car I need to subscribe to VIDA, the Volvo on line info service for Thousands of dollars a year!

But then I heard that there were ways around that if you just want directions and illustrations to remove and replace stuff. So I found someone on line who sent me a CD and now in my computer I have:

VIDA Configurator
    VIDA on Web
    VIDA All-in-One
    VIDA Admin

But I do not know how to get these programs or what ever they are, to open up and show me how to change my radiator cooling fan! (and other things) I believe I need some secret key code or such. Or to pay Volvo the thousands!!

I know (thanks to this Forum) I also need a code reader--is there a reliable source to get the codes and the reader?

Can anyone help on this? Thanks.

If it's a cracked VIDA you need to install the patch. Run the VIDA disk and explore the files, you should fine one that says VIDA20XXPATCH and run it. Restart the system after it runs the wait for the VIDA monitor on the lower portion of the screen to show green. Open VIDA ALL-IN-ONE and enther user name:1 to login.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Default Thank you Antherzoll. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherzoll View Post
    If it's a cracked VIDA you need to install the patch. Run the VIDA disk and explore the files, you should fine one that says VIDA20XXPATCH and run it. Restart the system after it runs the wait for the VIDA monitor on the lower portion of the screen to show green. Open VIDA ALL-IN-ONE and enther user name:1 to login.
    Thanks Antherzoll. I'll try that.

here is the VIDA workshop manual provided for whose who need setup instruction
    http://workshopsupportguide.volvocar...CE_135EN06.pdf

another Yutobe video guide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ErfTlurK8

I bought my dice clone to china and they recommend install it on winxp, but i dont want to do that. I installed successfully in my win7 but I spent HOURS on the web to found the crack/patch.
    If you are interested to install it under this features, send me an PM to send you the patch
    Cheers!
    XC70 2006 with a crappy AW55-51SN trans!

Quote Originally Posted by monochamus View Post
    I bought my dice clone to china and they recommend install it on winxp, but i dont want to do that. I installed successfully in my win7 but I spent HOURS on the web to found the crack/patch.
    If you are interested to install it under this features, send me an PM to send you the patch
    Cheers!
    what's your VIDA version? Thx, I have upgraded VIDA to 2014D verison, not more Win XP stuff and VMware, load well on Win 7