Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by v70+xc70 View Post
    Having stuck with the Pirelli's for 13 years and gone through several sets in just 110k miles, I'm interested in a tire that will last longer than the around 30k the Pirelli's yield.
    MXV4's will last but with the weather that New England had this winter, you probably want a better snow tire and just live with the reduced mileage.
    In other words you can't get both grip and mileage in the same tire.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by v70+xc70 View Post
    Having stuck with the Pirelli's for 13 years and gone through several sets in just 110k miles, I'm interested in a tire that will last longer than the around 30k the Pirelli's yield.
    30k sounds likes pretty poor performance. I was very disappointed with the wear on the Pirelli's which is how I came across the Bridgestones.

Just so we're clear - don't confuse tires that say 'All Season M+S' as a mud and snow tire - cause they're not a 'snow' tire. The cheapest 'winter' tire is better in the snow than the most expensive 'All Season' tire. All Seasons stop performing to specification at 45°F / 7°C and under. The issue is compound design - they're designed for 'summer' weather temperatures and lax naming regulations by the TSB allow tire manufacturers to call them 'All Season' which is bullsheit - tire manufacturers know it, TSB knows it, yet nothing changes.

If you need a snow tire because you live where colder weather dominates for months of the season, then get yourself an extra set of rims and put snow tires on your XC70. If you don't then a summer tire is fine (aka All Season).

Hello there -

I live in Maryland/D.C., have a 2004 XC70. Replaced my tires, Oct. 2014, at 41K miles, with Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 V-rated. Have driven in all conditions since: perfect weather; heavy rains/winds; light freezing snow; heavy lake effect snow (in Cleveland); turnpike snow/ice; slush; and more.

The Bridgestones are outstanding - would highly recommend them. Glass smooth ride, quiet, outstanding in the snow/slush/ice, easier to turn/park. A significant upgrade over the stock Pirelli's. In fact, the XC70 feels like a completely different car, in a positive responsive way.

Hope this helps. Purchased from a Bridgestone dealer in Rockville, MD, Gude Drive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123