Default Angle Gear Issue

Driving home today I pulled out and had to accelerate hard, noticed front tires starting spinning then a pop noise as i was letting off the gas. I thought I hit a pothole so drove the rest of the way home like 10 miles or so on the highway it felt fine. Pulled into a snow covered parking lot and confirmed only front wheels have power.

Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see if it's the collar or entire angle gear. I have not noticed any noise or vibrations and been changing and checking the fluids as well.
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    98 GTI VR6, GIAC tuned, Jetex Exhaust (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Your AWD was already gone, the pop noise was probably just the turbo blowoff valve.

Pulling it apart now. Showed me the collar is stripped since you can feel it when you turn drive shaft. The issue the mechanic is warning is due to the miles the angle gear output shaft teeth will not mesh properly with new collar and if he has to file/force it on it will fail again in a short time. He said if I had like 50-60k it would be different.
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Your AWD was already gone, the pop noise was probably just the turbo blowoff valve.
    Not necessarily
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Not necessarily
    Agreed. We had snow over weekend and did my test in driveway to see all 4-wheels left marks in snow.... it stripped/broke apart yesterday for sure.
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

The issue the mechanic is warning is due to the miles the angle gear output shaft teeth will not mesh properly with new collar and if he has to file/force it on it will fail again in a short time.
    You can easily check out our high quality Testking Lean Six Sigma which prepares you well for the real lsat practice test You can also get success in real hodges exam with the quality University of Saint Joseph

Default Better then before

Well to report back after Angle Gear Replacement and (2) Rear Wheel Bearings (wrong side changes so 2 for 1 deal for me) it drives like it did back in 2003. I always had some sort of noise which I thought was wheel bearings or figured axles starting to wear, etc due to age/mileage. But the Angle Gear was causing some vibrations/noises that are all gone now.
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Hope you didn't pay too much.
    I pay about $1450 for a new angle gear.
    (Used to be $1285 but the price went up a couple of years ago)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

congratulations on having a working car again, sometimes you just have to bite it and spend the dough. who did the work, indy or dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by sanfelice View Post
    congratulations on having a working car again, sometimes you just have to bite it and spend the dough. who did the work, indy or dealer?
    Dealer did the work. My indy who maintains the car could have done but he never did one before and was booked up so opted for the dealer.
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)