Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Great info, thanks! I was reading up on TCV's and hoses going to them. Didn't know they could be so troublesome, although the TCV on the Volvo appears to be like the N75 valves on Audi's. I had instances where if I had codes stored (wheter CEL was on or not), the vehicle would not perform correctly until cleared. I'm curious if that is what is happening in my case. I'm not quite sure yet how Volvo's operate in their systems and funtions, but I will.

I would swap it out with one from IPD and replace your tubing. It's probably due anyways and a good maintenance item.

Checked the TCV and associated hoses when I got home yesterday. They all looked good, but doesn't mean it didn't go bad. Cleared history and called the Volvo dealer. $83 which I thought was actually a half decent price compared to other items. So I headed on out to the dealer, and wouldn't you know. I could feel my turbo kicking in! I don't know if it was clearing the history or clearing the history and cycling the key? Maybe it's intermittent? If so, what could cause intermittent turbo performance besides the TCV?

Boost recovers as soon as the pipe is reattached.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Quote Originally Posted by Fischerryan View Post
    Thank you Xheart! I am definitely going to look into that.... And Thanks Tomk! I must say.... I have been on numerous forums (for various makes/models) and it seems like everyone here is more mellow, eager to help/be insiteful/be complimentary. It's appreciated and a very welcome experience compared to many of the other forums I've been on.
    Well..... most everyone.... ;-)

Congrats on the car. I also have an '01 with similar mileage and wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip. Good luck with it!

Lol, yeah. I probably spoke too soon..... Waiting for the moment I eat my words

Thanks VTL, that's interesting. If my suspicions are incorrect, then I may have an intermittent problem. But first I'll see how she drives on the way home, then take it from there...

DiCE+VIDA would be a great help, if you plan to keep the car.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

I know, and I plan on it. I'm trying to research which one to get though. I hear good things/bad things about the chinese knock offs, so hesitant on pulling the trigger with one of those....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123