Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks again for the input. I do snow removal and we're due for a significant storm tonight so I won't be able to tackle this until later in the week. I suspect something has broken the way it happened but I intend to get creative in repairing it depending on what I find. I certainly am not looking forward to spending what a new door panel must cost. Thanks for the tips!

It's snowed here nearly every other day since my last post, I finally had a chance to take a stab at it today. I'm a little unclear on which portion of the large handle you pull the door shut with comes off to expose the screws. I've located the slot at the bottom that was mentioned. Does the whole handle pry off or is it just the recessed portion of it? I've pried on the slot pretty good but there doesn't seem to be any movement. Can someone clarify this? Thanks

Whole handle. Pry more.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    It's snowed here nearly every other day since my last post, I finally had a chance to take a stab at it today. I'm a little unclear on which portion of the large handle you pull the door shut with comes off to expose the screws. I've located the slot at the bottom that was mentioned. Does the whole handle pry off or is it just the recessed portion of it? I've pried on the slot pretty good but there doesn't seem to be any movement. Can someone clarify this? Thanks
    Here are some pics that should help you

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...l=1#post801705
    http://store.voluparts.com/productim...urrent_image=2
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    http://www.freewebs.com/howardsvolvos/

No snow and temps above 20, I made another attempt today. I inserted a pry bar into the slot located at the bottom inside the orange circle and pried as hard as I dared, there was literally no movement in the handle and I began to distort the plastic around the slot. Any stronger prying and I'm sure I'll tear the plastic. I've looked at the pics that have been linked and I don't believe there's a seam in the cover on my car as was pictured in the links. The only thing I can figure is perhaps the embossed piece in the center of the handle pops out? I appreciate all the help here but for some reason this isn't seeming to work as has been described.

Is it possible there's a tab up in that slot I need to release somehow?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volvo door E.jpg  

Try to pry it from sides. I use hard plastic bone tool to avoid damage. Youtube has tons of videos how to remove the panel on P2.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2016 XC60

Thanks, I'll look for the videos

Btw, are you prying out central part of the handle? In 2005+ (IIRC 2005) you need to pry central part, prior 2005 - upper half of handle.

2002 V70 (sold)
    2016 XC60

Got it, thanks!

It appears the lower pin that the release handle pivots on is gone. I'm working on taking that assembly apart, don't know if I'll be successful. Has anyone come up with a way to release the push on clamping washers?

Well I got it apart and found the upper hole that the latch handle pivots on cracked which released the tension on the hinge pin, it traveled up and out of the bottom hinge. I got the assembly dismantled with careful prying. I've crazy glued the crack and clamped it with Vice Grips, when it's dry I'll reinsert the pin and glue it in the top hole. I'm pretty sure I can epoxy the assembly to the door panel, it came apart cleanly. If I can locate the proper size push washers or self tapping nuts for plastic I'll have it licked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails volvo latch cedit.jpg   volvo latch edit.jpg   volvo latch d edit.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast