Default Imported post

These guys are selling turbo boost indicator that works with computer readout on lower left of speedo cluster.  The module goes for $200 US - it connects somehow to the wiring harness.

SCT-Tuning

Cool idea.  Great if you are ramping up the boost and want to know what level you are running.   This is key, because it is usually highest just before you lean-out and blow your headgasket!!

Question Imported post

Interesting site. Would have liked to see more pictures of some of their stuff. BTW I read somewhere that IPD is renewing their website soon. Just for info.
    2008 V70 2.4 Classic Sports Edition

Lightbulb Imported post

SCT offers quite powerfull stuff! Volvo limits the torque on the new V70R to 350nm. Wonder how the geartronic holds out with 265Hp and 410nm of torque  

Default Imported post

Sure would love this, can someone explain how they would get installed here in the US?  Does IPD sell something like this, and especially something to use that little screen?

I'd also be interested, I've had a lot of difficulty getting a response from IPD through email and phone - how do you get in touch with these guys?

Thanks,

Michael

Default Imported post

I visit the IPD site regularly and I find it very confusing as well as out of date.  In particular its very unclear which items are actually suitable for an 01/02 XC.

Going by the SCT site, it would appear that the SCT  and IPD methods of chip tuning are very different.  SCT supplies an add on or replacement chip whereas IPD needs your entire ECU for reprogramming (which is pretty hard for me as it will involve having the car unusable for several weeks).

The SCT torque figures also seem very high compared to their competitors e.g Powerchip 327Nm vs SCT 385Nm for similar power outputs (Powerchip 173kW vs SCT 179kW).
    Ron Lees, Canberra, Australia
    V70 XC MY02 Australian VOR #12 of 50, Geartronic
    BSR ECU, Eibach springs, IPD sway bars, Simons exhaust, K&N filter, Diadem indicators, blue instrument lighting, various bits silver/blue trim

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ron3KL @ Dec. 18 2002,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I visit the IPD site regularly and I find it very confusing as well as out of date.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well as pico said the site is supposed to be updated soon. It is bad. Actually it&#39;s very bad.

If you&#39;re interested in chip tuning, below is a link to one person&#39;s comparison of several tuning sources. When you go to the page, scroll down to the last but one post - &quot;My research into ECU upgrades (long)&quot; by David M, 5/23/2002:

Matthew&#39;s Volvo Site
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Exclamation Imported post

Nice link there Wiz&#33;
    It has found it&#39;s place in my favorites list

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Very cool link indeed Wiz&#33;

I also agree that IPD&#39;s site is outdated. Their newsletters are mainly focused towards early model Volvos too, not that I&#39;m complaining.