Default XC70 boot air conditioning switch

Hey all,

We regularly take our American Staffie 'Julie' with us in our 2005 XC70 LE; and - in the Aussie summer, would love her to be cool(er). I recently read:
    "To turn the fan on in the boot you have to turn it on in the boot. If you turn the air con off and want it back on again, you have to get out the car and turn in on in the boot again" in a review.
    I can see vents in the boot however am not sure where the button to turn on the boot air conditioning on can be located.
    Is this for later year models or does the 2005 also have this feature?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

Only in the back seat, not all the way back.
    Not sure where you read that nonsense.

If this is some sort of weird feature in 08s and newer THAT I would not know.
    I'm not sure why, after the 07 model year Volvo did not offer a 3rd seat which I guess would be your "boot" area
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

If I remember correctly, the switch is on the plastic rear wheel hump inside the cargo area. I think it was facing backwards, so opening the tailgate you'll look right at the switch. I'm going from memory here, so I could be wrong, but I am pretty certain it was very obvious where the switch was.

Are you sure you have the 3rd seat ventilation fan option in your car?

This rear ac system
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear ac.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	6681

Is an option for the rear of XC90's and is controlled by the switch #26 mounted behind the rear seat on the left side of the car - But there is not one listed for XC70's in the parts catalog

Plug in a 12v fan into the rear electrical outlet
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

There is no rear A/C like there is for an XC90, I have no idea what the OP is referring to
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)