Default very strange noise

Hi folks- while driving around in the rain in my new-to me 2007 XC I sometimes hear what I can only describe as audio feedback coming from the rear of the vehicle. It doesn't seem to be speed related but only happens when in motion and slowly fades away when I stop, or fades out after a minute or so... I thought it might be some kind of problem with the park assist as I've found a plastic protective cover for that module( previous owner disclosed it had been replaced) but noise still occurs when PA is turned off. Has anyone else ever heard this noise?

Search for "rain squeal" on Forum
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    98 GTI VR6, GIAC tuned, Jetex Exhaust (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Get under the car and look at your driveshaft right above the exhaust pipe flange that is between the cat and the intermediate pipe/center muffler. If you have a nice bright metal ring showing on your shaft, you have rain squeal. There is a pipe hanger kit that you can get to sort it although it is my humble opinion that Volvo should have designed and installed the hangers properly at the factory.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff