Default Air filter box not fitting correctly 2013 XC90 2.5T

Hi, how is everyone doing? Today the wife picked up the XC90 from its second service, when she got home I popped the hood and saw that the air filter box cap wasn't fitted correctly, tried to fix it but I couldn't make it fit like it should. Is there a way to make all three rear hinges attach? or should I complain with the dealership technician? Here are some photos of it (Car is a 2013 XC90 2.5T R w/polestar) *its not a typo, we still get those over here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	6635

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	6636

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	6637

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	6638

Sometimes they're VERY hard to get back on, this "tech" was lazy
    Bring it back and have them snap it on properly
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Thanks, I noticed they are VERY (emphasis on VERY) hard to put, the dealership manager had a hard time trying to get it back on himself, since he was the only person at the time

On my 04 I had to put a strip of metal inside the upper airbox to straighten the bow from the previous nuts not attaching it correctly . The center claw ( for the lack of a better word) is supposed to retain or hold the upper and lower portions together . If these are not done every time , this will happen . The best way to get this to work is to remove the upper and lower portions and put them together and then install it as an assembly . If you need pics of the brace , I can take one and send to you ?

Yes you can, I would be very thanked, because when the warranty expires I will be servicing this car on my own. The airbox design in my S60 is way better, it easier to deal with the torx screws.

I have a 2004 xc90.I am new to volvo's I work mostly on domestics.My opinion is that it is warped and Its been that way for a while.I thought the same thing when I first looked at mine.I took it out re assembled it
    at first I thought maybe I did not put in in right but after looking at it again I determined it was warped.I ordered a used one on ebay and I asked the person selling it if it was warped they said no.Shipped it to me I took it out of the box and it was warped too.Maybe I am wrong maybe on a volvo the air filter is supposed to show but I really doubt it.I think the heat warps the top part of the housing.I seen your pic and mine looks exactly the same.Hopefully somebody else will chime in on this one.

Sorry for not sending you pics of my repair. I will get mine home this weekend , disassemble it & send you pics of my fix . p.s. Mine was that bad too !

The pics I sent you of my repaired airbox is for a 2004 XC90 w/a 6 cyl. engine . I hope you can fix yours with the same results .

These cars are super sensitive to even the smallest air leaks, so the filter box is designed to fit really tight. I usually use a large flat head screwdriver to help guide in the middle prong and get that tight seal.

Had to disassemble it to drop in a K&N filter, to reassemble I used a flathead screwdriver as recomended and snapped right away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FILTRO.jpg   FILTER KN.jpg