Default Coolant Level Sensor Light Keeps Coming On After Timing Belt & Water Pump Changed

Hi All,

I have a 2000 Volvo S70/V70 AWD Turbo. I bought it used in Jan. 2007 and it's been a great car.

Last June I had the timing belt and water pump replaced at 157,300 miles. The mechanic told me that I might have to add some cooling fluid after it had circulated for a while.

In the past 4 months, the coolant level sensor has come on at least 10 times. The car does not overheat. When the light comes on I add a small amount of fluid to top it off. However, I have found that the fluid comes out of the overflow sometimes after driving the car.

I'm taking it back to the shop on Monday.

Have any of you had this problem?

Thanks!

The problem I had with coolant was the heater core was leaking inside the car, which was causing the low coolant light and a coolant smell in the car. But after the replacement of the heater core the leak stopped I also had to replace the overflow low level sensor. Super easy, got the part from IPD.http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5553/...k-level-sensor Hope this helps.
    "Freedom isn't Free"

2000 XC 106k, Artic white, Sirius, Aluminum Dash Trim Rings, Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA