Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Wales UK
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dialex View Post
    I don't agree- I think this car is the next Volvo hit, like the first XC90 did back in 2003. Audi Q7 is the same as the Touareg and Cayenne- and overall it is little bit shorter than the present Volvo XC90 , and now we are looking at a brand new, light weight, fuel efficient platform, this is Volvo's aim at the 1980'S production numbers. This is a brand new design, and engine as well (started on the S60/XC60/ V60 this year) so the first model year will not score high in reliability, (as all new production cars) but eventually will find it's place and many followers to come. Regarding the exterior shape- It has one very important detail that matters to me- the diagonal stripe!
    I could not drive a Volvo without the original grill, because the car emblem on a Volvo shows it's nature, it's philosophy, it is not like the badge on the Chevy Blazer and Isuzu Rodeo, (same car) I personally would wait 3-4 years and would consider buying one of those, mean time I am driving my older ones with pleasure!

    Present cars:
    760 B230ft 1990 SW daily driver
    760 B230ft 1989 Sedan daily driver
    780 B230ft 1990 Coupe Sunday driver
    V70 2001 2.4T daily driver
    XC90 2004 2.5T daily driver
    and few more...
    Only time will tell along with the number of people who wish to part with a huge chunk of money as I understand that a new one on the road in the UK will set you back around 45,000 that's $67,500 (USD)!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Devon PA
    Posts
    11,409

    Default

    MUCH nicer in person.
    I will drive it next week when I have more than 30 minutes allowed today but the interior is a killer and it all works quite well!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

    2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    MUCH nicer in person.
    I will drive it next week when I have more than 30 minutes allowed today but the interior is a killer and it all works quite well!
    So... ?
    ------------------
    V70 '07 "The V"
    XC70 R - Snabb intake, RICA 2.5, EST 3" DP, R exhaust... etc etc..
    ------------------
    XC70 '05 "Grizzly" -- SOLD
    S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- SOLD
    S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- SOLD
    740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- SOLD and now DEAD
    ------------------
    and some Gibson, Fender, Marshall,... but it's another thing... !!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Wales UK
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Saw one in a dealer in Sweden on our way north and like our previous XC70 it had an off white Leather Interior, which is a wonderful material for picking up the dye from your Levi's or Wranglers as ours did, even after being treated with a solution that claimed to stop it.

    After 6 months the seats were a mixture of off white/grey & blue so the car got sold, as the marks could not be completely removed!

    With 7 Seats it might appeal to BIG families or people who wish to impress.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    Saw one in a dealer in Sweden on our way north and like our previous XC70 it had an off white Leather Interior, which is a wonderful material for picking up the dye from your Levi's or Wranglers as ours did, even after being treated with a solution that claimed to stop it.

    After 6 months the seats were a mixture of off white/grey & blue so the car got sold, as the marks could not be completely removed!

    With 7 Seats it might appeal to BIG families or people who wish to impress.
    I am looking at getting a XC90...when is a different story. I never ever thought that white leather interiors are a good idea, especially if you have kids. They DO look pretty but not very practical - the first red slushy spill will definitely leave a stain on the white leather.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Wales UK
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    I am looking at getting a XC90...when is a different story. I never ever thought that white leather interiors are a good idea, especially if you have kids. They DO look pretty but not very practical - the first red slushy spill will definitely leave a stain on the white leather.
    I would suspect while not having seen a price list, that the 'White Leather' comes as standard, if however you would like one of the optional colours then get ready to drag along your Bank Manager to sign the cheque over and make sure you are sat down when you find out how much extra it will be!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    I would suspect while not having seen a price list, that the 'White Leather' comes as standard, if however you would like one of the optional colours then get ready to drag along your Bank Manager to sign the cheque over and make sure you are sat down when you find out how much extra it will be!
    I would actually think that black leather seats would be a zero charge for the difference. In every other model Volvo sells, only the 'inscription' edition of the leather interior charges more - white/beige/black is no charge to change. Exterior colour - black and white are the 'fee free' options - as with every Volvo.
    Last edited by Forkster; 05-13-2015 at 11:29 AM.


  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    MUCH nicer in person.
    I will drive it next week when I have more than 30 minutes allowed today but the interior is a killer and it all works quite well!
    Saw it today, with Inscription trim. Very, very nice. This will be a hit!

    We drove to see 2016 Ford Explorer Limited as well, it's an unbelievable POS compared to XC90, for almost the same price! I left the dealer with the feeling that this car cost 15k more than it should.

    Now I need to convince wife that we need new XC90, not Honda Odyssey as she wants (which POS of too, but the price is more fair than Ford's).
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I actually quite like it...but then I have always liked the Q7, too.

    there's no accounting for taste, I guess.

  10. #30

    Default

    This car is the next biggest hit for Volvo! Very beautiful car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •