Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My first thought was the Jeep Cherokee also, but the more I looked at it I started seeing a Toyota highlander in it too. It certainly isn't earth shattering as the description makes it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by boosted12a View Post
    the grill looks like an 80s 240 grill and the front end looks like a jeep or durango with the headlights.
    I was thinking 740 sedan grille...

I don't like the styling, the front end looks like it was styled for the Chinese market.
    I don't know if the 4cyl engine will drive all the wheels or you require the combo setup, therefore not obtaining high gas mileage or whether the US will get a diesel?
    I've been pissed at Volvo for years for not offering a diesel in the USA.
    But and this is the BIG BUT, I like the safety features and was impressed with the crash test videos, particularly the roll over crash test.
    We will probably replace one XC70 with either an XC90 or redesigned XC70 if the same safety features are offered.
    We are getting older and these safety features are an advantage.
    The other XC70's will be retired and replaced with some sort of AWD Porsche for summer and light winter driving.
    The Porsche 18 way seats are just about as comfortable as Volvo seats and the ride with the Porsche PASM system almost matches the Volvo XC70 ride. The quality and quality control on the new Porsche's is the best in the world, you really need to own and drive one of these vehicles to a get a good idea. Why not a Cayenne or Macan I keep asking myself? Maybe!-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

While the 1927 Special Edition XC90 sold out in record time I guess for those new owners it did not fit in the category of being a 'disappointment'.

I wonder if we will see any feedback in 6 months or a Years time from them?

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    While the 1927 Special Edition XC90 sold out in record time I guess for those new owners it did not fit in the category of being a 'disappointment'.

I wonder if we will see any feedback in 6 months or a Years time from them?
    On forums like this one? I doubt many of the 1927 are DIY types.

PS My undestanding , at least some of these cars (no idea how many) were bought by dealers.
    Last edited by pelagikos; 09-10-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    =======================
    2003 XC70
    193,000 miles / first owner

Quote Originally Posted by pelagikos View Post
    On forums like this one? I doubt many of the 1927 are DIY types.

PS My undestanding , at least some of these cars (no idea how many) were bought by dealers.
    Can you please expand the term 'DIY types' as not sure what your understanding of DIY is as mine is 'Do It Yourself' but I could no more build an XC90 than any other driver!

I thought it was pretty clear. Hmm...

Vast majority of people hanging around these forums perform at least some types of maintenance and repairs themselves, and this is the primary reason why they came across these forums in the first place. The DIY types.

Then, a type happily dropping $65K (or whatever the price was) on a car sight-unseen, of a brand with a questionable future in the US... I can not imagine such person tinkering with brake pads in their garage.

This is just a generalization, of course. But probability for one of 1927 showing up here is somewhat slim in my estimate.
    =======================
    2003 XC70
    193,000 miles / first owner

Quote Originally Posted by pelagikos View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear. Hmm...

Vast majority of people hanging around these forums perform at least some types of maintenance and repairs themselves, and this is the primary reason why they came across these forums in the first place. The DIY types.

Then, a type happily dropping $65K (or whatever the price was) on a car sight-unseen, of a brand with a questionable future in the US... I can not imagine such person tinkering with brake pads in their garage.

This is just a generalization, of course. But probability for one of 1927 showing up here is somewhat slim in my estimate.
    We can always 'Live in Hope'!

I don't agree- I think this car is the next Volvo hit, like the first XC90 did back in 2003. Audi Q7 is the same as the Touareg and Cayenne- and overall it is little bit shorter than the present Volvo XC90 , and now we are looking at a brand new, light weight, fuel efficient platform, this is Volvo's aim at the 1980'S production numbers. This is a brand new design, and engine as well (started on the S60/XC60/ V60 this year) so the first model year will not score high in reliability, (as all new production cars) but eventually will find it's place and many followers to come. Regarding the exterior shape- It has one very important detail that matters to me- the diagonal stripe!
    I could not drive a Volvo without the original grill, because the car emblem on a Volvo shows it's nature, it's philosophy, it is not like the badge on the Chevy Blazer and Isuzu Rodeo, (same car) I personally would wait 3-4 years and would consider buying one of those, mean time I am driving my older ones with pleasure!

Present cars:
    760 B230ft 1990 SW daily driver
    760 B230ft 1989 Sedan daily driver
    780 B230ft 1990 Coupe Sunday driver
    V70 2001 2.4T daily driver
    XC90 2004 2.5T daily driver
    and few more...

Totally agree with "I don't like the styling sentiment" so happy I'm not in the league to buy a new 'any car'! Why is Volvo trying to market a new model on the strength of an iPad? Got nothing against Apple, typing this on a PPC Mac!
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast