Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Been out 6 months, you're a bit late here.
    Yes, it's nice with a killer interior but I still think they could have done a better job with the overall shape.
    All the initial orders have arrived and delivered and there are plenty available now on the lots.
    It's well liked but next biggest hit,....that remains to be seen.

The sedan clone, the S90, is also a bit subdued.
    They had a clean slate, they still really need help in their (production) design dept. Their show cars are pretty neat but when translated to the production car they seem to lose their visual punch/panache!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

While picking up my wife's 2011 XC70 after yearly service, took one out for 45 min drive.
    Ride was not as good as the 2011 XC70 but not bad, purely subjective on my part.
    Drive E with plugin starts at about $70K! Other wise the 4 cyl gets 25mpg! Not good!
    Dealership only giving Loyalty $1K off sticker! I have purchased three previous XC70's from this Dealership.
    Soft Roader Cross Country still years down the road.
    For the replacement for my wife's 2011 XC70, I will purchase the new MB E Class wagon when available and she is ready for a new wagon.
    For me, the replacement for my 2003XC70 which is slowly falling apart is on order and it's not a Volvo!
    It is AWD and starts with a P. Not Cayenne, not Macan and not Panamera!-Richard
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

New V90XC is about a year to 18 months away
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    while picking up my wife's 2011 xc70 after yearly service, took one out for 45 min drive.
    Ride was not as good as the 2011 xc70 but not bad, purely subjective on my part.
    Drive e with plugin starts at about $70k! Other wise the 4 cyl gets 25mpg! Not good!
    Dealership only giving loyalty $1k off sticker! I have purchased three previous xc70's from this dealership.
    Soft roader cross country still years down the road.
    For the replacement for my wife's 2011 xc70, i will purchase the new mb e class wagon when available and she is ready for a new wagon.
    For me, the replacement for my 2003xc70 which is slowly falling apart is on order and it's not a volvo!
    It is awd and starts with a p. Not cayenne, not macan and not panamera!-richard
    911 c-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    911 c-4?
    Carrera C4S. 991.2
    Daily driver, will get a Porsche winter tire/wheel set for winter.

As an aside, two sources, Motor Week and Consumer Reports both get 20mpg combined for the new XC90.
    Absolutely horrible!
    Did Volvo bite off more than they could chew with the Drive-E concept and now are left to sell it?
    Who will pay $80K min for the T-8 and what will the real world mileage be?-Richard
    BTW Consumer Reports also says to avoid first year production.
    Last edited by budrichard; 01-22-2016 at 06:11 AM.
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    New V90XC is about a year to 18 months away
    That's about what I figure for the E Class with another year to avoid first year problems.
    So decision time is 3 years away.
    Works out to be a good time frame for the 2011 XC70 unless it starts to fall apsrt like my 2003XC70!-Richard
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

I had originally hoped to replace my wife's P2 XC70 with the P3 XC70 but the lack of rear leg room kaboshed that real quick (guess North America/Europe is not in their demographic/profiling for sales). Then I looked at the XC90 - the lack of anti-collision tech in the 2014 and the steep asking price for the new 2015 model torpedoed that as well. So we looked the XC60. Dealership stupidity and rude Volvo sales staff nuked that deal. Which left me to see what other safe AWD vehicles can handle Canuck winters and be as durable as the Volvo.

Hello Subaru.

Forester 2.0T Limited with the eye-sight tech please and thank-you. Boys can have it as their car in 4 to 5 years.

My Porsche Cayenne GTS... I mean my Ford F-350 SWD Lariat is my sled. Dang travel trailers and kids. Makes a good Zombie Apocalypse daily driver
    Last edited by Forkster; 01-22-2016 at 02:28 PM.

My brother-in-law is on his second Forester, puts Hakka's on for the winter and swears by the Forester.
    He also has a 150 4x4 and a Z06 also.
    I'm not a Troll but in the years since Volvo was a recognised leader in safety, there are other vehicles out there to consider.
    I get Cayenne Diesel's and gas for loaners. Superb ride at speed, 80mph feels like 35 mph. Of course they are bulit for the Autobahn and over built for North America but the inherent quality and design/engineering in a Porsche product is quite satisfying. Only problem is Porsche can pick your pocket better than any Brand I have dealt with.-Richard
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Sounds like someone is a tad upset now after throwing his toys out of his pram!

Still I don't envy him when he gets them back and finds out the cost of Repair/Replacement/Servicing and Accessories! Ouch & Double Ouch!!!

Just hope his Bank Manager has got a sympathetic ear............

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post

Still I don't envy him when he gets them back and finds out the cost of Repair/Replacement/Servicing and Accessories! Ouch & Double Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post

I've never replied to one of your Posts with such sarcastic juvenile language!
    Just because the Internet is somewhat anonymous does not give you the right to be downright insulting.
    You can be assured I will reply to your Posts with the same sarcasm!
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast