Default Rear Differntial, Angle Gear and Haldex Fluid Change? (High Mile Members comments)

I am approaching 120k and am on the fence if I should have all three of these or a combination of these changed. I have been doing the transmission fluid and other fluids as well. I am really looking for feedback from "high" mile members and what they have done since it is working well for them.

Thanks!
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    98 GTI VR6, GIAC tuned, Jetex Exhaust (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)

Fully serviced final drive due to fluid leak.
    Cleared the vent hole.
    Replaced angle gear and final drive fluid with Volvo's close to 130,000 miles.
    Last edited by Xheart; 07-25-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    2001 V70XC - Nautic Blue/ 2-tone Sand/ Premium/ Instant MPG 12 - 63/ Pirelli P4 12/32" - 740/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Zimmerman Z-coated/ Akebono/ 190K-mi/ Great Lakes

I change my diff, angle gear and Haldex fluid every 50k since it was new. All oil breaks down over time and i would rather replace it sooner rather than replacing bearings. ( That being said changing it about the same time you due your timing belt roughly every 100k is a good ideal) as for me I bought a small electric fluid pump / sucker for about $30 and takes me about 20 mins to change all 3 fluids. That being said at close to 200k on my 05 everything is still moving nicely.

As for what type of oil i use i have, Mobil 1 synthetic 75W-90 for the angle gear, Lucas heavy duty high performance 80W-90 for the rear diff and for the Haldex i only use the Volvo Haldex fluid since i have never found anything else for it.

Do it. That simple.
    ------------------
    V70 '07 "The V"
    XC70 R - Snabb intake, RICA 2.5, EST 3" DP, R exhaust... etc etc..
    ------------------
    XC70 '05 "Grizzly" -- SOLD
    S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- SOLD
    S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- SOLD
    740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- SOLD and now DEAD
    ------------------
    and some Gibson, Fender, Marshall,... but it's another thing... !!

No question about changing the fluids, do it. You will need to suction the fluids as there is no drain plugs. I used Volvo fluids. I recently changed Bevel gear fluid, was dark but no sparkles in the drain fluid, easy to access. Haldex, easy fluid change, but the filter is almost impossible to access. The Haldex filter was coated with grey sludge, which easily drain off. The drained haldex fluid looked dark yellow in the clear vacuum tube, but opaque in the jar. The rear differential plug is difficult to access due to partial blockage by a bracket. Don't drop the plug on the plastic tray below the differential, difficult to recover. Rear fluid was also dark but no sparkles. Lubrication is inexpensive relative to component failure. I now feel confidant the fluids and levels are correct.
    Last edited by bugeye; 07-26-2014 at 07:22 AM.

I did my angle gear at 60K, will do the Haldex and read diff at 65K (next oil change)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Change both every 50-70K...religiously! (if you can yourself)
    It may be excessive, but cheaper than new diffs/angle gears!
    *2005 Ice White XC70
    444K miles and...well...
    Driving the 08 V70 right now.

"Ah! There is nothing like the smell of burning British electrical components in the morning!"

Quote Originally Posted by jkochis View Post
    I am approaching 120k and am on the fence if I should have all three of these or a combination of these changed. I have been doing the transmission fluid and other fluids as well. I am really looking for feedback from "high" mile members and what they have done since it is working well for them.

Thanks!
    I am going to change them all. We have a 2012 Pilot and Honda wants you to replace all the fluids for 4WD every 15k/30k.

I will also be using the Mobil 3309 instead of paying 2x the cost for Volvo fluid.

Thanks for all the replies.
    04 XC70 Silver w/ Graphite Leather, Premium Package,Touring Package,Integrated Booster Seats,Xenia Wheels, ipd upgrades, WR G3 SUV Nokians, NEW Angle Gear, ipd HD End-Links: 162k
    12 Honda Pilot EX-L
    04 Acura TSX (sold)
    98 Jetta (sold)
    98 GTI VR6, GIAC tuned, Jetex Exhaust (sold)
    87 Jeep Wrangler (sold)