Default Broken Gear Shift Lever and Replacement Radio/Console Knobs

Hello all! I'm new to the Forums! First post!
    I own a 2002 V70XC Currently at 178K, My dad and I have done a lot of work to it mechanically. This site has played a HUGE part in my repairs(won't buy/replace parts until I've read through any threads that reference the part)

Has anyone had to replace the lever/button on their gear shift? Mine snapped a couple days ago, any recommendations on where to find a new one?

Also

Does anyone else have problems with their Radio/Volume/AC/ knobs being Gummy/peeling? they drive me crazy, I'm wondering if I buy the same factory ones they will have the same problems once exposed to heat/etc. Are there alternative replacements that last longer?

Thank you,
    Hannah M.

How did you manage to do that?!
    Try erie
    www.erievovo.com

CALL THEM you will get a better response

1 888 volvo 13
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Volvo only sells the whole shift handle complete with button. IPD sells the button only... I replaced the whole handle when the shift lock cable went out. Not hard. As JRL indicates you probably could save 50+% by buying a used one.

If you want a P2 shift button there are two styles, I have at least one on them (new) and the knobs, just buy them from Volvo.
    I just replaced a set of worn knobs from Volvo, fairly cheap
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    If you want a P2 shift button there are two styles, I have at least one on them (new) and the knobs, just buy them from Volvo.
    I just replaced a set of worn knobs from Volvo, fairly cheap

I wasn't driving it when it happened(that'll teach me to let someone else drive my wagon )
    I need the button that is for the Geartronic style. Last XC70 we pulled parts from had decent interior, I don't remember if it had the same style button, I may check that out.

for the radio after replacing the knobs you can get aluminum rings to put on them to cut down on the wear.

BTW, You follow me on instagram @shoey2498. Its cool to see how much work you put into your wagon. Best of luck with all your projects!
    2002 v70 xc White/Tobacco
    Touring Package, Cold Weather Package, Intro-Premium Package, Audio Max
    180k+ on ORIGINAL Autotragic GirlTronic

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger XC View Post
    for the radio after replacing the knobs you can get aluminum rings to put on them to cut down on the wear.

BTW, You follow me on instagram @shoey2498. Its cool to see how much work you put into your wagon. Best of luck with all your projects!

Haha! Hey William!

Thank you, my dad is the Mr. Fixit, I'm fortunate he likes to work on it so I can learn from experience. Love seeing the work you do to your car, its a very clean/cosmetically appealing wagon.

Don't you have the aluminum rings on your car? Do you remember were you got them?

Update:
    Managed to find this How-to that worked very successfully for me.

http://www.volvoxc.com/0/resources/h...ter-repair.pdf

I can't tell who created it, as I was brought straight to the pdf from a google search.

Regardless,
    THANK YOU to the person who put this together!