Question Help.Can i program new parts in with Vida Dice? 2001 XC707

Hello,

I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have a 2001 XC70 with a broken drivers window switch. All the windows work except the
    drivers window will not go down. I changed the pin out on the plug and it does go down if plug it in backwards and use up for down. I have
    tried many junkyard switches with strange results. It looks like they need to be programmed to the car.

I am hoping someone here can tell me if I can use VIDA and DICE to program in a window switch and a review mirror?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As far a I know the modules have to be new parts for VIDA (through a subscription) to be able to program them to work. They cannot have been programmed to another car. Some have reported being able to use various used parts without programming. (DIM, DDM etc.)

I have had mixed results with new window switches. A 2001 v70 required software to work, a 2005 s60 did not require software (different part numbers )

With the rear view mirror I'm guessing you are trying to fix the bubbly auto dimming mirror. Convert to a manual adjustable mirror by buying a used manual mirror, use a wall paper razor blade to cut the foam sticking the Upper electronic module to the back of your old mirror (and the used mirror) and glue your Uem to the manual mirror.

Vida can diagnose below systems:
    Engine with mounting and equipment
    Electrical system
    Power transmission
    Brakes
    Suspension and steering
    Springs, shock absorbers and wheels
    Body and interior

Hope it helps

If a part just needs to be initialized with no software you should be able to use your VIDA
    If a part is USED, 99% of them are plug and play, no VIDA necessary
    I think you may have another issue with your window beyond the switch or you're doing something wrong
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)