Default New owner 2007 XC70

Hi,
    I'm Frank in Columbus, OH. The XC70 was almost a bucket list item so jumped on a 1 owner 07 XC with 120k miles since my 235k mile van died. I thought I'd get a new car .
    I like to wrench so this looks like it could be a hobby. First thing is tires and timing belt and hitch for our pop-up camper, a 70's canvas starcraft in great condition.

Looking forward to digging into participating in this site. It's a deep knowledge base with lots of attachments - woot!

Frank

Congrats and welcome to the site! You picked a great car, the late model XC's are supposed to be the best and your's is the last year the P2 were made.

They'res a lot of good info on this site and very helpful members. Take a look at the Resource section at the top of each page. They're are PDF files for most of the common repairs and maintenance. Even an article on installing a hitch (I just installed one last week).

I would do that timing belt ASAP, I think you're overdue. Since you're going to tow, I would go with an auxiliary trans cooler and keep on on making sure your fluid is fresh (Gibbons wrote a great how-to that is easy to do in the garage).

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Thanks perkinscl. There's a real good independent Volvo shop here in town that's going over it to get a baseline.

Frank

"I would do that timing belt ASAP, I think you're overdue. Since you're going to tow, I would go with an auxiliary trans cooler and keep on on making sure your fluid is fresh (Gibbons wrote a great how-to that is easy to do in the garage).[/QUOTE]"

I am interested in this article, where can i find the "how-to"?

Great car, i had the 2007 Diesel D5, never a problem, just bulbs... Best year 2007!!!
    XC70 D5 AWD Polestar

Both of you do realize this post is close to a YEAR old? (June 2014)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

what does it matter how old the post is? I have been reading the forums for quite a while now and have gleaned a good bit of information. So now instead of asking the same "newbie " questions over again, I may jump in on a thread that addresses any issues I may be experiencing with my New to Me XC 70...didn't know there was an expiry date...

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Both of you do realize this post is close to a YEAR old? (June 2014)
    Never mind that the original post is about a 2007 in the 2008 up section.