Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OBD2 Scanner

Default OBD2 Scanner

I have several OBD2 scanners but none of them can read the Volvo XC70 2006 vehicle. I have been searching for a simple low cost scanner that will read the computer. Several that I have looked at claim to be able to read any vehicle but when it comes right down to it, they will not read this vehicle. I called and talked to the manufacture of Innova and they felt pretty sure their 3100 model would read the code. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a scanner that will work that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

A lot of people on here (including me) use a clone VIDA. There's a ton of info on here about what they do, how much, etc. VIDA is the software and interface that Volvo uses in dealerships and some indy shops. The (real) Volvo version costs thousands and requires a subscription to Volvo's tech database for upgrades. The cloned version is $125-150 on ebay and includes the software disc and device which is the cloned Volvo specific OBDII scanner. You'll need a laptop with Win XP Pro and 4 GB of RAM, though there are workarounds for both of these requirements. SwedeSpeed has a huge thread on their forum with gobs of info if you want to research.

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Any reader that can read CAN networks will be able to read your 2006
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Hi, maruce, can volvo vida read XC70?

Quote Originally Posted by gwee View Post
    Hi, maruce, can volvo vida read XC70?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hydral1k View Post
    Yes
    ok, thx

Anyone have a specific Vendor they have had success with on ebay ? I am hesitant to order stuff from seller or firms without a good reputation. Some Feedback is mixed at best on the current sellers.

Think since I will be driving my xc for next few years be nice to have a diagnostic tool so I can be as independent as possible.
    2002 Volvo XC70 _ Daily Driver / Green Goblin
    1993 Volvo 940 Wagon _ Running Strong- SOLD...damn !

I Love/Hate my Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by vanrynd View Post
    Anyone have a specific Vendor they have had success with on ebay ? I am hesitant to order stuff from seller or firms without a good reputation. Some Feedback is mixed at best on the current sellers.

Think since I will be driving my xc for next few years be nice to have a diagnostic tool so I can be as independent as possible.
    My vida is from here: Super Volvo Dice Pro+ Recommended by another member, I must say that it doesn't let me down. I have problem install the software, their technician helps me via remote control

Sorry to jump in but I also want to get an OBD2 scanner but i'm not sure which option is best.
    I'm considering this one :http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=340602#Cross
    Should I get the VIDA DICE device instead because its more for Volvos?

That code reader will read the standard OBD-II codes. It's good for generic troubleshooting on several vehicles...but not as capable for a Volvo as VIDA.

The advert doesn't say that it will read any of the Volvo-specific codes....those codes can be read by VIDA...VIDA will also allow you to reset Volvo specific codes.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast