Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I done the heat gun in the past works amazing just take your time and never stop you'll melt right through but the results are near perfect. Circular motion is good

I've passed on the heatgun idea for now and picked up a box of wipe new at the drug store. It will be interesting how it holds up but the positive comments on here have me hoping for the best.

JRL,
    It has been a month with sun, rain, snow and cold (in the opposite order). The vinyl still looks like new. When I applied it it was below freezing and I did it in less than 2 minutes....so I see a couple places where I need to touch it up. Best of all, my wife no longer complains that she wants a new vehicle to drive!

I am impressed with this stuff. Even if it all faded tomorrow and I had to spend another 2 minutes to reapply I would consider it well worth a few bucks and 2 minutes spent at the Dollar store.....heck I'd probably even buy it from QVC or Amazon or wherever they still sell the stuff.

Thanks
    Interesting
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Follow up report on Armor All Outlast - it held up quite well during the winter and after I washed the car for the first time this spring, it looked pretty fresh. Not perfect, but not bad. A light reapplication and looks great. Thumbs up from me.
    Objects in closer are mirror than they appear.

I went with 303 (30313-CSR) Aerospace Protectant Trigger Sprayer, 32 Fl. oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KN0UOEE..._s0ryvb0F6N6B1
    It leaves a matte finish..don't like that glossy look

I tell you guys. Forget about those greasy/temporary products.
    If you want it BLACK, you have to use either paint or DYE --> Forever BLACK.

I am not affiliated. It simply works.
    Clean it with some degreasing product and scotchbrite, apply 1-2 coats, and call it done for YEARS.
    ------------------
    V70 '07 "The V"
    XC70 R - Snabb intake, RICA 2.5, EST 3" DP, R exhaust... etc etc..
    ------------------
    XC70 '05 "Grizzly" -- SOLD
    S70 '99 LPT "Blackie" -- SOLD
    S70 '98 NA "Pearly" -- SOLD
    740 '90 B230F "Rusty" -- SOLD and now DEAD
    ------------------
    and some Gibson, Fender, Marshall,... but it's another thing... !!

When I was on the hunt for an XC70, a local dealer had one in which the plastic cladding had been painted body color. We had absolutely no interest in that one! I can only guess what else they covered up mechanically on that car.

I applied the Armor All Outlast to all of the trim on my 06, it looks decent with the exception of a few streaks that are on the area directly above the grille. They almost look like they were cast into the plastic.

+1 on Forever Black, works great and lasts! Make sure to tape off the painted car surfaces to avoid any mishaps

Mark

Heat gun every time. Works like you wouldn't believe. Good thing I didn't paint it black or gray because it's the dark brown color.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast