Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't know, never knew of a car with a new pump AND an aftermarket C/C installed. It may be OK, I don't really know

A Fl dealer that's good....AMAZING!

I DO know Volvo of Tampa is incompetent
    The Volvo Store in Orlando is one step behind!
    ALL of the So. East (Gold coast) FL Volvo stores are pretty much a joke
    Volvo of Naples-Ft. Myers, whatever Eh... (in the middle)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I'm pretty picky and I agree that most dealers are clueless. Joe Rice, the service manager at Sarasota Volvo was open minded and wanted to solve the problem. While there are plenty of bad experiences, it's always good to report the few positive ones.

Replaced the fuel pump relay and has been reliable ever since. Thanks so much for the good advise and direction. The dealer had no clue it was that part. Thanks!

Ooops. Spoke too soon. The gremlin is back. Drove for 15 minutes, then parked the car for 20 minutes and guess what? Turned over but no start. Waited 5 minutes and started right up and drove like champ from then on. Seems it it on these initial drives and wait times that the no start occurs. Started when the dealer replaced the wiring loom from the battery. Who knows what this is.....

Hi , I'm basically having the same problem and a bunch in the past they are nice cars , But my 2000 V70XC is an electrical nightmare all i have done is replace parts repair wires and pull most of my hair out !. Anyway at one time I could sit in the car and when it wouldn't start the first time I would set the alarm with my remote and then unlock it then start the car right up ? that worked for quite a while but unfortunately for me that stopped working . Now I push the gas pedal down just the slightly and that helps sometimes gets it going. Was going to do the fuel pump but I can't justify it at least not yet. I think its electrical/circuit board ECM Problem. believe if I could get it to run for a while with no problems I would sell it to the next fool ! But I can't just clear the codes and lie Thats not me ! Good Luck ! Bud

Thanks for the perspective Bud. I don't get any codes and that's the problem. I know it started after the dealer replaced a battery/ engine wiring loom, so one would logically look there. i have, but nothing apparent has surfaced. How could such a good car get screwed up by the wiring loom is beyond me. I'll keep looking or maybe do the lock/unlock to see if it is the immobilizer again. Regards, Pat

Quote Originally Posted by mperry529 View Post
    Anyway at one time I could sit in the car and when it wouldn't start the first time I would set the alarm with my remote and then unlock it then start the car right up ? that worked for quite a while
    10 years ago I replaced a sticking (we presumed) alarm control unit/relay in a customers 1998 v70 to solve a won't start sometimes problem. (sorry don't have documentation whether the engine would spin over and not start or not spin over) VIDA says the part number for a 99+ is 9472461. Back then the one for a 1998 was a $261 part!

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll look into trying anything at this point. Could be the problem. Thanks, Pat

Quote Originally Posted by bassp01 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll look into trying anything at this point. Could be the problem. Thanks, Pat
    Had it to an independent shop. They couldn't get it to the no start problem. I ened up replacing the fuel filter and taking out the check valve I installed near the filter. Since the fuel pump was replaced, I didn't need that anymore and may be the culprit on the no start issue. We'll see next Fall when I get to drive the car again.

Quote Originally Posted by bassp01 View Post
    Had it to an independent shop. They couldn't get it to the no start problem. I ened up replacing the fuel filter and taking out the check valve I installed near the filter. Since the fuel pump was replaced, I didn't need that anymore and may be the culprit on the no start issue. We'll see next Fall when I get to drive the car again.
    Well, so far the car is reliable and working great. Starts every time. Hope it continues. Maybe the added check valve I added, then removed was the culprit. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12