Default Upgrade high-performance AMP to premium AMP - Can't find dealer for software update

I have a 2008 Volvo XC90 with the "high-performance" sound system. It has the rear headset controls and the DVD player and entertainment system in the rear. I have been reading on the forums here on how several people have been able to update their amp from the high performance to the premium performance by swapping out the amp and getting the dealer to reload the software on their car.

Well I just got a performance AMP (pn#30732825) and have been talks with my local dealership but after talking to them for over a week they are refusing to do the software update. They claim that they don't know that it will work and that it will damage the car so they won't do it.

What are my options? Does anyone know of a dealership in the Pacific NW that will do the update? If I get a VIDA module and the software (which I have seen available online) can I do the software update myself? If I swap the amp and the software update isn't done will it work with the existing speakers and setup now and not have the additional center channel and Dolby or will it make the whole radio not work?

Thanks
    Sova
    Last edited by sovamind; 03-22-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Got the amp the other day and installed it. Took less than 10 minutes and works without the software update. Middle speaker doesn't work yet but the sound quality is definitely better. Anyone know a way to update the software so I can get the Dolby Pro-logic and center channel working? Two dealers have now told me they won't reload the audio software.

Sad, that no one else has commented on this thread. I finally found a dealership that will do the software load but they are telling me that it is a waste of money. They say once a week they get someone coming in for service complaining that their audio is horrible and they find that the Dolby has been enabled. They say that the Dobly makes things worse and that if the amp I have in now works fine (with more power) that they wouldn't bother spending the money on the software update.

Can someone that has the premium software tell me if things really are that bad?