Default Replacement Tires 2013 XC90

Greetings All,
    Forgive any redundancy, but I am looking to replace OEM tires on our 13 XC90. Looking for recommendations. We live in KCMO so we do get snow and ice. Road noise for wife #1 hot button, for me tread longevity and performance #1, so probably looking for nice balance of the two.

All the best and thank you all in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck loose View Post
    Greetings All,
    Forgive any redundancy, but I am looking to replace OEM tires on our 13 XC90. Looking for recommendations. We live in KCMO so we do get snow and ice. Road noise for wife #1 hot button, for me tread longevity and performance #1, so probably looking for nice balance of the two.

All the best and thank you all in advance.

I have done a lot of research on tires for our xc90 and I believe the tires i currently have on my xc90 are the best fit for the car as far as treadlife, comfort, quietness, and winter traction are concerned. they are a performance all season tire and they have great reviews in all fields of testing, and I was able to plow thru 40+ cms of snow with them.

They are the Firestone Destination ST. I currently have over 40k miles on them and they should last another 10-15k miles.

Depends on where you live, you may not care about winter traction. Would be better if we knew where you lived. I went for long tread
    life, Dallas doesnt get much snow.
    2000 F350, 4x4, Crewcab, 7.3L Turbo Powerstroke Diesel
    2005 XC90 2.5T OSD 06/2005

DMD,
    We live in Kansas City MO as in my original post.

I just put a set of 4 Mastercraft Advenger Touring LSR 235 65 R17's on my 2006 XC 90 yesterday. Very quiet on the road, better then my Goodyear's I hade on before. They are rated for 80,000 miles. The wife loves them and my check book did too. Live in Northern Indiana so I needed a good snow and rain tire and these work great. Mastercraft is made by Cooper Tire.

I got a set of Uniroyal TigerPaw 235/65/17 for $115/tire installed + tax. They seem like a great tire so far.
    '04 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger w/ Climate, Premium and Versatility packages and Xenon headlights.
    GROM Bluetooth audio adapter for the High Performance Audio system.

I put a set of Toyo Open Country A/T 2s on my 04 XC90 AWD. The tires appear to have a very aggressive tread pattern, but I think look very nice when mounted on the stock 6 spoke rims. They have a 90,000 mile tread wear rating. I had mine fully siped by the installer and they are super quiet on the highway. So far I am very pleased with the traction in wet conditions and recently had a chance to test them in 5 inches of snow. They performed flawlessly in the snow and icy conditions. My steep driveway was covered in snow and patchy ice. I stopped at the base and deliberately crawled up as slow as I could manage. The car never skipped a beat. Time will tell if the tread life is satisfactory, but I plan to rotate them every 3-5k miles. I also religiously keep the vehicle in alignment. Hope this helps. Good luck finding your new tires.

I have a set of Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology. They are quiet, and excellent in snow/rain. I only have 10K on them, but they look like new and are the best tires I've had on the XC90. I've always bought Michelin, Goodyear or Pirelli...but my first Continental purchase has been outstanding. I'm in upstate NY, so we see all the extremes in weather here.

hmm its good indeed if you replace the tires