Default 2014/2015 XC70 and Sensus Connected Touch w/ Nav

Hello everyone,
    I'm looking at the 2014/15 XC70's to replace a 1995 Volvo 850 T5R.

I'm looking at the T6 with Platinum Trim level, but what I can't figure out or understand are the details behind the Sensus Connected Touch systems. It looks like the Platinum Trim comes with the integrated NAV system, but not the connected touch version. When you select the Sensus connected touch system, it blows away the platinum trim.

Does anybody in this group have any experience with either? Does anybody know why getting the connected touch option you'd exclude yourself from the other platinum trim options?

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the two variants, but I'm guessing one is the touch screen and one is the standard. Note, the version I test drove didn't have either.

Thanks for your help,
    Jon

Exclamation Sensus Connected Touch

With the SENSUS CONNECTED TOUCH you can browse the web, navigate easily via a web based nav system like Google, create a WiFi hotspot for all users in your car but uses your cell phones data package or you can use an USB dongle vis the centre consol but still paying for your data package that way. Unless you have unlimited data allowance or you don't pay for your data it is a very expensive option, if you are not keeping your eye on the cost. Basically with this option you can turn your car into a mobile media centre with internet connectivity. Extra costs will be $1500 (+ GST/HST) without the Navigation or $1865.00 (+ GST/HST) with Navigation.

I think it is a bit pricey and if you have young techo kids, you might find you have run up quiet a bill by the time you get to your destination... hope this helps you understand it a bit better. BTW it is just a software upgrade to the existing package you have, no new hardware has to be added to the car.

I just wonder why you are going for the Platinum Trim??? there are some great deals (with add on packages) in the T6 Premier Plus range without the jump to Platinum, I don't think the extra $$$'s warrants the top spec for what you get.... but that is just my opinion. Also if you are looking at Volvo Finance for 60 months you can get a fixed rate of interest of 1.9%..... just sayin'

I've got it on my 2014 XC60. First one they had with Connected Touch thru OSD. So far, I like it--- particularly for my iPod. I also did the Platinum package, but added Inscription.