Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes 99% of the time
    My guy just replaced spring seats and one strut AND an inner tie rod on the Ocean Race and I'll be damned, the steering wheel is as straight as it was when we started.
    But...he is the greatest!
    I will align it but I'll bet it won't be more than a mm off in any direction!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Anyone know what the part numbers would be for my front struts and rear shocks? Tasca parts are having a bit of a time trying to figure that out. I have normal suspension, not the fancy 4C stuff.

Did you try Rockauto? Might save you some money..they carry Sach's brand

My Worldpac catalog says a 30645640 fits the front, 30760055 fits the rear for a non nivomat car.

I always get the code from the product plate and have the dealer hopefully determine the correct replacement part number for both front and rear shocks and springs. I can do it with my Vida subcription but some parts of the catalog are not clear. (there are 7 part number choices depending on product plate code in my copy of vida for front struts). So to avoid installing the wrong part I let someone who stares at a Volvo parts catalog all day long determine what the correct parts are.

Front - OEM: SACHS - xref: 31200413, 30645640, 8624786, 8646941, 8667254

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5338/...07-xc70-models
    http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volv...70-xc-30645640

Rear - OEM: SACHS - xref: 8671713, 30760056, 8634098, 8646140

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7889/...2-s60-v70-xc70
    http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volv...r-xc70-311-753

Also remember to order all the little parts as well (bellows, bump stop, etc) they are not that much and it's nice to have all new parts in there (probably just my mild OCD speaking).

Thanks Ars and hoonk. I ordered my struts today from RockAuto - got 5% off order too to pay for the GST. Bits and pieces came in the mail today from autopartsway in Canada. I think that by agressively shopping around, I saved over $200. Tasca - man, those guys had me running back and forth to my car for this part number, VIN, data from the plate in my engine. Gebus H nice. Forget it I ended up telling them - and then I saw Ars postings but decided to shop around again. IPD was $100 more than Tasca, and Rockauto, $150 cheaper than them. FCP - well, their front-end replacement kit replaces a lot of stuff unneccessarily - and being environmentally and cost aware, i replace what is worn, not a 'may be' and they used cheaper parts - I plan on holding onto it until it dies so most of what I replace I'm using OEM.

Will let you know the results when done! Thanks for your help everyone.
    Last edited by Forkster; 01-28-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    Thanks Ars and hoonk. I ordered my struts today from RockAuto - got 5% off order too to pay for the GST. Bits and pieces came in the mail today from autopartsway in Canada. I think that by agressively shopping around, I saved over $200. Tasca - man, those guys had me running back and forth to my car for this part number, VIN, data from the plate in my engine. Gebus H nice. Forget it I ended up telling them - and then I saw Ars postings but decided to shop around again. IPD was $100 more than Tasca, and Rockauto, $150 cheaper than them. FCP - well, their front-end replacement kit replaces a lot of stuff unneccessarily - and being environmentally and cost aware, i replace what is worn, not a 'may be' and they used cheaper parts - I plan on holding onto it until it dies so most of what I replace I'm using OEM.

Will let you know the results when done! Thanks for your help everyone.
    So how bad did Rock Auto get you for shipping? They are nearly always cheaper for a given part but the shipping gets crazy, especially if you need multiple bits. They obviously drop-ship but I've had shipping quotes for over $100 for less than $100 worth of parts with those parts all coming from someplace different. That is when places like Autopartsway or Eeuroparts start coming on with their free or near free shipping. And of course here in the Great White North, we get to pay tax on the shipping so that just makes a bad situation worse (but we do get free healthcare as a result ).

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    So how bad did Rock Auto get you for shipping? They are nearly always cheaper for a given part but the shipping gets crazy, especially if you need multiple bits. They obviously drop-ship but I've had shipping quotes for over $100 for less than $100 worth of parts with those parts all coming from someplace different. That is when places like Autopartsway or Eeuroparts start coming on with their free or near free shipping. And of course here in the Great White North, we get to pay tax on the shipping so that just makes a bad situation worse (but we do get free healthcare as a result ).

Cheers,

Bill
    Shipping on the two struts were $78 out of the US. WIth RockAuto - they'll also ship from the UK - that's where it gets super stupid expensive.

Bill -I also just checked eEuroparts and I could of saved ANOTHER $100 with their prices. (sigh). Will definitely add them to my shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    Bill -I also just checked eEuroparts and I could of saved ANOTHER $100 with their prices. (sigh). Will definitely add them to my shopping list.

Yes, they are definitely worth checking. Best of both worlds, cheap US part pricing and decent shipping costs to Canada. Only downside is that they only ship to Canada once a week. That is, they gather up all the shipments bound for up here and put them on one pallet, process that all the way thru Customs then split it out. So if you hit them wrong like I did last time it took over 2 weeks to get my bits. Good thing was I wasn't in a rush; but if I had been, I'd been screwed. In any case, for us Canadians it pays to check as many options as possible to get the best deal because they are out there.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Your customs suck!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast