Default 01 v70 xc engine swap help with the basic things to do

I have done motor swaps before, but this just has me so confused on where to start and what to take off to get it out, please help

First thing is to find the correct sequence to disconnect the battery in the resources section. Look there for lots of good info. on all things XC.

Find (via bit torrent or buy from someone on ebay) VADIS software and install on WinDoze XP or a XP VM and find the instructions for a motor R&R.
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Default r/r engine xc70

Hello, your in for nice ride, I've done 3 engine swaps in the last month, I'll try to make this short, I do have a shop, i don't have have a lift, so, I've removed the motors from the top,
    1. jack the front of the car up high as your jack and stands will allow.
    2. unhook the battery.
    3. remove the front bumper.
    4. remove the radiator support. you can leave the headlights on place or remove them,
    5. drain the radiator, unhook and remove the ps and antifreeze bottle,
    6. remove the rad and intercooler in one piece.
    7. remove the wiring harness and lay on floor ,rightside.unbolt front motor mount,reomve air box,
    8. remove both cv axles and motor mount on right side.
    9.remove upper strut motor mount bar, remove cover on turbo, unhook down pipe and rear motor mount, remove the driveshaft from the bevel gear,
    10.add chain top lift motor, lift the motor with some tilt towards the pass side ,pull the right side of the motor towards the front of the car as you lift the motor and tranny, lift and turn the motor so it comes out of the car between the headlights,
    11. place on the floor,

you can do this in about 4 hrs time. I added a few photos for ya, hope this helps,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6845.jpg   DSCN6811.jpg  
    Last edited by mopar2ya; 01-16-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: add photo