Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Is this in the US or Canada?
    If he feels the trans is defective, in the US he has the authority to install another one
    Car is in US (Texas) - Of course he has the authority - He is one of those guys that will never take the lead - one that only does what he is told to do even though he has the authority to send it back. He is afraid to order a new one and send back the bad, worried that they may find nothing wrong - then he (his dept) will have to eat it - can you believe it? What excellent customer service - He is going to keep me waiting probably a month to see if I am a liar...

I am seriously looking at a new Dodge Durango...

Dealer came through - New trans arrived and is working fine.

It's Dexron III. Hard to find regular Dex III anymore, it's mostly all Dex VI now, that is back - spec'd to meet Dex III (even though Dex VI is thinner)...for example, the excellent Valvoline Maxlife (which meets both Dex III and Dex VI).

A common failure point on this model trans is the PNP switch. It sits under the battery tray, so it often is exposed to acid and then fails. Check the PNP switch if you've still got issues...

Disregard...I see you've got a new trans...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Just a suggestion; My 2000V70XC was coughing up all kinds of weird codes; "communication failure between trans and Motronic" was one, but other strange codes that convinced shop that vehicle speed sensor was bad and sending wrong info causing trans woes. After a few hours spent studying wiring diagrams it occurred to me that inputs for speed, ABS, traction control, etc, in short, a lot of things that affect trans operations GO THROUGH THE ABS MODULE BEFORE GOING TO TRANS, ECU, ABS, ETC! If there is a fault in the ABS module, and they fail A LOT! it will cause all kinds of seemingly unrelated problems. Test was to swap in junkyard ABS module (no, not the correct one), and problems (and codes) disappeared. Module was sent off to place in Massachusetts, (as I remember), and rebuilt/repaired for around $40. Problems disappeared, never returned (yet!)
    As for fluid, using a Wolf's Head product, full synthetic, meets Volvo specs, $5 qt and a remote spin on filter, (Pure One) plumbed into lines to cooler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12