Default 2nd Row leg room

I'm 6'2". Would I easily sit behind the drivers seat in an XC60? Wife and I are considering trading in our 04 for a 2013/2014 XC60 and we have two growing young boys (soon to be monsters). It seems like the XC70 was designed for shorter legged people in mind.

Ed

I am not sure which platform the XC60 is based on. I do know that for 08 the XC and V 70's went to the S80 platform which gave a few more inches room than the previous platform. If the XC60 is on the S80 platform you should have more legroom.
    Worth a quick trip to Valentine to check things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    I'm 6'2". Would I easily sit behind the drivers seat in an XC60? Wife and I are considering trading in our 04 for a 2013/2014 XC60 and we have two growing young boys (soon to be monsters). It seems like the XC70 was designed for shorter legged people in mind.

Ed
    Ed I cannot comment on legroom but the XC60 is definitely roomier in the back than the XC70 - I recently did a similar move but kept my '02 XC70. You will loose a lot on luggage space, though!
    Pierre

2016 V40 D4 AT
    2010 XC60 3.0T AT
    2004 Mazda Miata 1.8 - My new toy and restoration project ... Not everything you do in life has to be rational!

Gone: 2015 V40 D3 AT, 2002 V70XC 2.4T AT, 2007 S60 2.5T Manual, 2004 S60 2.0T Manual, 1996 850 GLT Manual

A 6'2" person would only fit in the rear seat if a shorter person was driving. I'm 6'2" and when I'm driving (with the seat well back) only shorter adults can sit behind me. But if, say, a 5'8" person was driving you should have no problem.

The XC60 actually has more rear legroom than any other Volvo, I'm told. More even than the XC90 (because that has to fit a 3rd row of seats). It's still not a limo though.

The 2013 XC-60 I test drove and checked out with my wife seemed easier to get in and out of, both front and back seats. The back seat felt more comfortable than the XC-70 we own, but that leg room is still a problem. What I found is that the front seats have a longer track, so if there are shorter people in the front, you may feel like you have more leg room. But, usually, the taller people end up in the front seats and with those seats pushed back, you get pinched in the back seat. The only difference is a little taller feeling seat makes it easier to sit more upright. There is more headroom, as well, for taller people. But, the current Volvo's clearly have less backseat leg room than the 240/740 series from the 70s. That was one of their hallmarks and they should have noticed that American drivers and passengers are significantly larger and taller than average drivers. Hence the move to SUVs.

The only time I regret owning my Volvo is when I'm asked to shuttle visitors around. The love reputation of the car and everyone raves about the heated front seats (why not the back, too?), but I have to help them crawl in and out of the car. It's not that easy for my favorite passenger, either!