Default What's wrong with my 1999 Volvo V70 XC?

I have a 1999 Volvo V70 XC with a new rebuilt transmission (had it done a few months ago). However, I've got another problem.

My car's "check engine" light keeps coming on. I've noticed that it only happens when I run the heat in the winter, or in extreme cold (like, low 20 degrees F). If it's somewhat warm and the heat's been on, I run the air conditioning and then turn my car off, let it sit for a few minutes (or overnight) and then when I turn it on again the check engine light is off again.

What could be wrong with my car? I don't really have the money at the moment to take it in to get checked, and whenever I take it to Advance or Auto Zone, they hook it up and then give me a list of things that could be wrong.

I'd love an idea of what's wrong with it! And if you've got any suggestions as to where I can find a book for my Volvo, I'd also appreciate that. I can't seem to find one anywhere..

No idea without the codes and you're WAY in the wrong forum
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)