Smile Glad to have a Volvo agian!!!

I traded my 2001 XC70 with 142k miles for a 2008 Ford Edge 14 months ago. The Edge was nice but really missed having the XC70. I just made the switch back finding a 2008 XC70 with only 45k miles! Glad to be back and look forward to the next 100k miles with my XC.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for posting insights into their cars and solutions to common problems.

Thumbs up Looks like I am back too

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbydave View Post
    I traded my 2001 XC70 with 142k miles for a 2008 Ford Edge 14 months ago. The Edge was nice but really missed having the XC70. I just made the switch back finding a 2008 XC70 with only 45k miles! Glad to be back and look forward to the next 100k miles with my XC.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for posting insights into their cars and solutions to common problems.
    I had a 2000 XC70 from about 2004 until it died in about 2009, then we had some issues with moving Countries and unknown quantities so I opted for some smaller cars in the mean time.... now things have changed and I took a ride in a 2014 T6 AWD Prem + (BLIS) and it was like ..... mmmm O baby where have you been? even my daughter said it was like being back in the old car again, never bought from new before but always had problems with second hand units, so opted for a new one instead.... just doing some number crunching but hope to have it by the end of next week. Black Sapph on Black.... really really happy getting and for a few more weeks and I could have had a MY15 model but the dealer gave me nearly $8000 off the package, I could hardly say no, so I am just waiting for everything to fall into place now....

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC View Post
    I had a 2000 XC70 from about 2004 until it died in about 2009, then we had some issues with moving Countries and unknown quantities so I opted for some smaller cars in the mean time.... now things have changed and I took a ride in a 2014 T6 AWD Prem + (BLIS) and it was like ..... mmmm O baby where have you been? even my daughter said it was like being back in the old car again, never bought from new before but always had problems with second hand units, so opted for a new one instead.... just doing some number crunching but hope to have it by the end of next week. Black Sapph on Black.... really really happy getting and for a few more weeks and I could have had a MY15 model but the dealer gave me nearly $8000 off the package, I could hardly say no, so I am just waiting for everything to fall into place now....
    Good Jolly Heavens - I'd wondered where the blazes you had gone (so many years ago, now).I thought you had gone off in a huff with the VOC local members....

Funny old world, innit? I dont' come onto this forum often as it has died somewhat from the glory days when there were more "long standing" member active with useful hints and tips.....

I've just traded in a nice '09 Sport for a VCUK '13 model and the difference is amazing, thus I can see your enthusiasm for the '15 version gas burner (we're stuck with oil burners in Europe, not quiet the fun of the petrol versions) so I'm "well jealous" - innit.

Send me a PM and we'll have a natter.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC View Post
    We love our 2010 T6 that we custom ordered through expat sales - lots of unique options not available individually in the US and a great price. But, we liked our 2002 2.4 better. The previous model was lighter and more tightly sprung, and even with 90 fewer horses, it felt quicker and more responsive than the 2010. 281hp is great and the T6 has a nice growl, but the extra weight and softer suspension make the ride much less connected to the road.

Enjoy the new ride, make sure you break it in aggressively!

Tom
    2010 T6 - Climate, Convenience, Premium Audio, RSE, Moonroof, ABL
    2002 V70XC, sold to move to Japan

2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio