Default 2006 XC70 Rear-Passenger AC Vent Rattle

Hey all,

First post. New here. Just bought my XC70 last week. I absolutely love it, but one thing has been driving me nuts..

The Rear-Passenger side vent has a rattle in it. Something must be loose in there. I think the sound is even more prominent to me because the rest of the vehicle is so well-made and quiet. Has anybody eexperienced this, and if so what was your fix? Is there any way I can easily remove the vent to take a look at it? Is this an easy part to replace?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

PS: I did do a quick search for another thread on this but couldn't find one. If I'm reposting a topic that's been covered, I apologize and would appreciate a link to the correct thread. Thanks again.

Is the rattle happening all the time or only when the vents are blowing?
    I had a problem once after I changed my cabin filter. There is a large tree that drops a lot of small leaves out front of my house and some got into the cabin filter. While replacing it I some passed thru and ended up in stuck my vents. Eventually they blew out of the system, hitting me in the face when I was least expecting it.
    Any number of thing can be caught down there especially if kids stick things in it.
    Last edited by Antherzoll; 12-17-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles

Always rattles when I'm driving. Especially on a bumpy road, and when I'm accelerating to get up to speed. I did try to blow it out with an air compressor, nothing changed. Is the vent easily removable?

this is for MY05, but i'm sure it's the same for yours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel B Post.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	5697
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel B Post 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	5698
    Last edited by Antherzoll; 12-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles