Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fixing the ol' AWD

Hi,
    The AWD on my car has never really worked properly, and now it doesn't work at all. When I bought the car the shop told me the angle gear needed to be resealed so I got that done, and it hasn't leaked since. Since the AWD doesn't work I asked for a printout of the error codes and there were only two on the sheet:

DEM-0007 Hydraulic pressure. Incorrect value (DTC is found not active)
    DEM-0006 Pump faulty signal (DTC is found not active)

From this I take it that only the pump is faulty (since i'm not getting the "DEM-0002 Pressure sensor. Faulty signal" code). Should I also replace the pressure sensor just to be sure?

Also what would be the cheapest option for replacing the pump? I've read that some VW parts are interchangeable

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    2003 xc70 210,000km+

Here's what Volvo has to say -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEM0006.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	5665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEM00061.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	5667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEM0007.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	5666

For the possible solutions to dem 0007 - 1= no problem found 2= bad active on demand coupling and 3 that didn't copy to the picture = bad DEM

Note that you will need vida to be able to read the oil pressure

Hi,
    DEM-006/7 both indicate aoc pump failure and so does the 210 000km as well. Renewed mine at 130 000km.

In my V70/06 the removal of cardan was necessary and it wasn't quite easy as it was tight and rusty.

Renewal of the temp/pressure sensor inside easy to access control unit takes no more than 15to30 mins
    and can be done also later if needed.

br tapsa
    ps. aoc oil and oil filter renewal as maintenance item every 50k or so

Quote Originally Posted by tapanitja View Post
    Hi,
    DEM-006/7 both indicate aoc pump failure and so does the 210 000km as well. Renewed mine at 130 000km.

In my V70/06 the removal of cardan was necessary and it wasn't quite easy as it was tight and rusty.

Renewal of the temp/pressure sensor inside easy to access control unit takes no more than 15to30 mins
    and can be done also later if needed.

br tapsa
    ps. aoc oil and oil filter renewal as maintenance item every 50k or so
    Please excuse my ignorance and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but as a point of clarification; when you mention removal of the "cardan" are you talking about the 'props shaft'?
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

In practical terms they're the same.
    For purists methinks the prop shaft is one that connects the gearbox and (rear) axle directly.
    If the transmission has an intermediate bearing (as some lorry axles) both (?) are cardan shafts.

I'm sure a better definition will be along shortly.

BTW "lorry" means a truck or even a large pickup.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

duplicated
    Last edited by TrueBlue; 12-04-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Problems with IE11 ......
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Called DELETE post
    hit your edit button
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Wow thanks for all the replies!

This weekend I'll drive my car on a ramp and have a listen to the pump. I'll let you guys know if its making any sounds.

One more question: since I'm not seeing any dem to bcm communication codes or other dem codes is it safe to rule out a faulty dem?
    2003 xc70 210,000km+

"Normally" - yes.

Take ground and 12 volts from the battery to the pump connector and connect. 12v is on the right pump connector but DC motors go both ways with no harm - listen for the spin.
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Quote Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
    "Normally" - yes.

Take ground and 12 volts from the battery to the pump connector and connect. 12v is on the right pump connector but DC motors go both ways with no harm - listen for the spin.
    We just had another member here with exactly the same problem which threw similar codes - turned out he needed a new pump. A new pump is a whole lot cheaper than replacing the angle gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast