Thumbs down CEL on Code 1618

I had an issue the other day where someone accidentally bumped the W/ winter button and I didn't realized I switched it off and then the CEL remained on I went and had someone run the diagnostic then it went away. I was driving yesterday no one touch the button and the check engine light came on again so today I have another diagnostic run and it says Code P1618. The guy doesn't know what it is but says it is transmission related. I checked my transmission fluid it is fine. My car has 127xxx miles, don't know if that is relevant.

Anyone know what this code means?
    Had this problem and can tell me what they did?

Oh and I'm a broke college kid so don't tell me to take it to the dealership... thanks!

Assuming you mean P1618 here's a cut & paste from another forum:

p1618 is usually a communication error code between the ecu / tcu and trans most of the time a bad connection

Some of the times it has to do with the abs module but Its hard to tell unless you have a tester abs module. it could be anything from the pnp wiring to a corroded pin on the ecu or abs module
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Talking resolved

Quote Originally Posted by BillAileo View Post
    Assuming you mean P1618 here's a cut & paste from another forum:

p1618 is usually a communication error code between the ecu / tcu and trans most of the time a bad connection

Some of the times it has to do with the abs module but Its hard to tell unless you have a tester abs module. it could be anything from the pnp wiring to a corroded pin on the ecu or abs module

It turned out to be the Winter button so I have not had to do any costly work. thank you for helping me though!!!

Weird
    1618 has nothing do do with the W button
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

University youngster?
    Is that how they form a sentence in college?
    (Newsflash, it makes no sense)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)