Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Imported post

such a small price to pay for such a valuable service!
    Thanks Costal!
    Jon

Default Imported post

Done on behalf of Sharon and I.  Coastal we will buy you a beer too next time we meet for skiing.
    ----------
    04 Ruby Red Volvo V70XC loaded for recreation in North Vancouver, BC

Ski, bike, windsurf, surf, wannabe mountaineering.

Default Imported post

Just like spending a few hours down at the pub with some virtual mates!,

This time without the hangover the next day

Have a great new year and continue to develop the site for us, perhaps a right-hand-drive version could be considered

Nic
    Respectfully,

Nic Wood
    Kent, England

http://groups.msn.com/NicTheGreen90Landrover/pictures

Default Imported post

Glad to do it for all the help you folks have given me   Thanks for the reminder Barry
    cheers
     Ruby
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Default Imported post

This may seem like a silly question, but do the proceeds from the window decal help support the site?  I am happy to donate, but I had assumed that at least part of the money spent on decals went to the site.  True, it was only $3, but I'll feel pretty guilty if I haven't even given a dime when I assumed that my $3 was going to help fund the website.
    A Volvo with some stuff in it

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Good question NeuDaddi,

The $3.00 is just enough to cover the cost of the decal and postage. Any profits derived from sales will ultimately go back to the website. Admittedly, these things haven’t been selling like hot cakes, so I’ve purposely kept the supply orders down to a minimum of 20 at a time.

Other than being a veteran member, I have no other affiliation or direct involvement concerning the site...selling the stickers is just my way of trying to help Taylor spread the word. In a span of almost 2.5 years, I’ve seen what had once started out as just a hobby for him, quickly evolve into the ultimate site for XC enthusiasts around the globe. Speaks volumes for the dedicated work he’s accomplished to date.

Default Imported post

Actually, the few bucks Art makes beyond his cost should really stay with him for the time and effort he takes in having the decals produced and mailing them out. That's the way I see it at least

And on that note, thanks a ton for organizing the decals Art... I'm sure it goes without saying that everyone appreciates your longstanding commitment to helping get the word out.. cheers to Art!

I'm still looking forward to seeing another XC out there on the streets of Vancouver with one on their car.

Thanks a ton for the comments and donations thus far guys, very, very much appreciated! I'm still deciding on the best way on how to highlight each member as a supporter, either a custom (secondary) avatar or adding you all to a special forum group.

Cheers n Happy New Year!

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Taylor: How about different colour stars? More $$$ for different colors good for XX months.  Titanium for the $100+ donations.
    2004 XC70 - Metallic Crystal Green/Touring/Versatility/Nav

Default Imported post

Thanks for the explanation regarding the window decal proceeds.  Maybe Art should charge a dollar or two more?

Now that I know, a "real" donation has been made.
    A Volvo with some stuff in it

Wink Imported post

I also thought the decal donation was going to the 'club', sorry for the missinterp. Hate pressing the button below as you never know where you are going, (don't have a pen-pal or pay-pal account thingy).

Will give it a try and who knows might resort to good old fashion snail mail with a couple of bills enclosed. Maybe you could explain to me what lays behind 'the button' Taylor.

Anyhow hope I got an another member to join today, that counter sure is riding high now. When I get my decals maybe a few more might see it join as well. Such a small thing for big BIG gains.

How about someone setting an international time for all of us to get on line together, would love to blow the socks off that machine of Taylor's (and maybe blow it up as well) ouch... when he sees 1200+ members online together he will know his hard work was worth it, maybe we could set a new world record?

Yeah...  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast