Default And another ABS question... ABS Module & P1550

CEL and ABS lights came on today on my 2000 XC SE w/ 59K miles. CEL code of P1550. A brief search of the forum archives points to a bad ABS module. Seems the little buggers must be full of gold or some other exotic material as they are priced accordingly. Also found instructions on how to resolder some of the joints inside the module (assuming one can open it up without destroying it).

First question: Is it reasonably safe to assume that the above referenced lights and code P1550 indicate the failure of the ABS module? Is there anything else that might cause those symptoms?

And secondly: Has anyone tried to resolder the 6 or so connections inside the module as a way of repairing it?

Thanks,
    Tony

Never seen a 1550, codes are all PO something, not P
    If you think you can, go solder.
    I think there is a stick over at matthews
    www.matthewsvolvosite.com
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Cool Abs Unit Repair

Here's a link to another Volvo forum which gives instructions and photo's :http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=72655

So far so good....

Purchased an exchange ABS module from Midwest ABS and installed it (a relatively easy job), cleared the code, and so far all is well.