Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

That sucks......I know of no way to remove that. Those are a press on adheasive. Grrrrrrrr!

Jason
    Jason,

Riding with the Big Dog.

Default Imported post

Armorall upholstory cleaner seems to work very well on Volvo leather and vinyl.
    I've been using it for a year now. Easy to use, quick and cleans very well. You can get it at K Mart.
    JRL
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Default Imported post

The best leather cleaner/conditioner I have ever used is Leatherique.  www.leatherique.com  I have used Lexol, Hyde Food, Meguires, and Zymol.  Leatherique beats them all.  The leather is supple, not greasy with a soft satiny shine.

The technique is interesting.

1.  Spray Rejuvenator oil on to seats on a warm day.  Keep the doors closed for a couple of hours so the oil will penetrate into the leather.  As it does, it will force out dirt, sweat and anything that has soaked into the leather.
    2.  After a couple of hours, use the Prestine cleaner on a soft cloth to remove the material that has come to the surface.  You will not believe how nice the leather looks and feels.

This material is used by museums to restore leather. I also use it on my custom made Smith Worthington saddle.  It does not darken the leather.

Check out their site.

Steve
    2005 XC 42,500 miles .....and gone
    Barents Blue with Taupe
    Premium
    Convenience
    Climate (no IAQS, damn....damn)

Missing (but not as much as before) the 2002 XC 42K
    Platinum Green with Taupe
    Premium
    Convenience
    Climate

Default Imported post

Steve,

Thanks for the tip .

I just got my "new used" '01 XC last week. Though the previous owner took great care of the mechanical part, the seating surfaces were pretty dirty and seemed to have been treated with.. Armor All or something like that. Obviously, there were some "stuff" build up on them. First, I tried a one step cleaner and conditioner, Eagle One. Not bad, but it made the seats slippery and it didn't seem to get all the dirt out.

I used Leatherique and, God, it is amazing . It was like a shopping TV add, you know, the "before and after" thing. Just for the fun it, I cleaned one half of the passenger seat and left the other half untreated. I showed it to my wife and she was equally amazed . If only I had a digital camera...

For once, I've found a product that works as advertized.
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Default Leather cleaner

Which kit did you buy? It sounds like a great product. I noticed that the leather is dirtier than I would like. My mats and engine are very clean

Lightbulb Leatherique kit

I bought 16 oz btle of each, Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean, plenty to treat the seats at least 4 times. Follow the instruction and you shouldn't have any problem. I learned that gently rubbing down the oil with your hand is the best thing to do IMHO. The heat generated by your hand helps the oil in. And don't worry, it's not toxic at all. The first application took more stuff than the last I just made. In my case, three times a year is quite enough to keep the leather in top shape. If you use the climate control all year round as I do, it helps a lot keeping dust and debris out.

Remember that only seating surfaces and headrests are leather. The pouch in front and behind the front seats is also leather. Same thing for the back seats (I have 60/40 with child booster seats). The rest (front seats sides/backs/headrests, door panels, etc.) is vinyl.

And don't forget the steering wheel, shift lever knob and hand brake housing!
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

FYI: The Air Bag Warnings will come off a 2004 XC. I didn't try and get the other side off, just the one you stare at all the time.
    2004 XC70 - Metallic Crystal Green/Touring/Versatility/Nav

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123