Lightbulb 99 steering lock acc only won't turn to ign or start

Hello and Welcome me please and Thank You All etc

New to me is a 99xc, sold my 88 765TiR IRS swap 20psi from the "K" block ipd springs sway stainless exhaust brakes 16"se wheels etc etc etc 800,000km purchased at 65,000km
    $35k invested sold $2k

That volvo had one of the dreaded 4 sided keys. First trouble I drilled the Lock Cylinder out.

within a few days with this new xc I have the same problem.

My question, can I do the same thing. Drill out the lock. I live in the middle of NoWhere. So I am not concerned with theft (I was not with my 765TiR).

I see the antenna ring, so I know I would need to use the key. But if the tumblers are out of the way???
    But there seems to be a couple extra locking points I do not understand.
    Does anyone know if I can look at the schematics/technical of the locking mechanism.
    Are there any other things that need to be done. Like the cylinder removed from the car. Then some other pins drilled out.
    I hate to dump too much money into this. I want to be sure it will be a long life with me. If there are many things wrong with it.

Main reason I am hesitant to spill the $000 on a new one, is they are prone to failure. This is the same reason I drilled my 765 out.
    Just wanna make sure it will work if there are not any other things in-line.

Thanks for being...

rubber mallet worked
    welcome me

See "ignition lock problems? read this, save money" thread. A cheap way to use a junkyard (or Ebay) ignition lock cylinder coded to fit your existing key. Worked for me! Easy, cheap!