Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

I just picked up a 2004 Volvo XC70 AWD with: Premium Package, Touring Package, Navigation, and the Versatility Package in crystal metallic green with a taupe interior. I'll be getting mud flaps and permaplating later this week.  I pretty much asked for and got the Edmunds TMV: $36599.

Thanks you for all for your posts to this forum, it really helped me make an informed choice.

Time for some accessories:
    -cargo line for the back
    -load bars
    -cargo carrier
    -bicycle racks for the roof.

Time to sell my 97 4Runner.
    -=-=
    Thanks
    Mark Hoy
    2004 XC70 - Metallic Crystal Green/Touring/Versatility/Nav

Default Imported post

Hi !

Just wondering when you ordered your new XC.
    The thing is, that I live in Sweden and Im also going to pick up my new XC this week.

I ordered it in april
    Nearly seven months ago

Its way to long wait for an "old" car.

Volvo is losing lots of 4-wheel customers her in Europe due to the extreme deliverytime.
    Not so good for their position in the European market.

c-ya
    XC 70 2,5 -04, silver, summer: Momo with Michelin 235/50-18", winter: Oxigin with Nokian 235/50-18" with SPIKES,

Default Imported post

I got one from dealer stock.     No waiting....otherwise I would't have gotten the versatility package, just the booster seats.

Default Imported post

guys, I ordered one in New Hampshire early Sept and it's scheduled for Nov 20 delivery....7 mo in Sweden makes no sense to me...JF
    Present drives:
    2009 Volvo XC70 T6 w/Blis, Premium, Climate, Nav
    2008 Audi TT 6MT
    2004 Audi A4 6MT Ultrasport

Past Volvos:
    1988 240 DL Wagon
    1993 940 Wagon
    1998 XC
    2004 XC70, premium, touring, xenon, HU-803, DSTC, Xenia

Lightbulb Imported post

Wow, I just I was really lucky! My dealer had a slot in the production line and was able to pick and choose exactly what I wanted and it was ready in a month. He told me that the normal wait was about 6-8 months, thought he was just "pumping it up", but I guess he was correct. Of course the hardest part now is waiting for the shipping from Sweden to Korea.
    04 XC70
    Ash Gold / Brown Interior
    Premium & Touring Packages

Thumbs up Imported post

Ordered my 04 XC70 mid-Nov: brown on beige, gold, with sport and premium - found the one of the only two on their way to Canada - on a boat.  Taking deliver on 02 November - am stoked!!!  

Thumbs up Imported post

Ordered my 04 XC70 mid-Nov: brown on beige, gold, with sport and premium - found the one of the only two on their way to Canada - on a boat.  Taking deliver on 02 November - am stoked!!!  

Default Imported post

Welcome and congrats on the new ride.  Sounds like a great car.
    Some things to consider.

racks- Volvo rack stuff is rebadged Thule stuff for the most part.  A membership in the Volvo Club of America may get you a discount on parts at your local dealer. Additionally your dealer may offer you a discount as you purchased your car there.  They may not offer it unless you ask. Otherwise, REI would be a good source for racks.  Do a search on crossbars or roof boxes here so you can decide between, square, round, or wing shaped crossbars and different cargo boxes.  

cargo area & mats-  Weathertech makes great rubber mats in black, tan & grey.  They are incredibly durable and can hold a lot of dirt/snow/water while keeping your feet out of it via a channel design.  My previous set lasted 10 years.  http://www.weathertech.com

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

Thanks for the info. I understand why there are so many Thule posts now.  I remember previous posts that suggested the wing profile crossbar wasn't as noisy as the square profile ones so I' think I'll look into those.  Time to find my REI card.   The Weathertech cargo area liner looks perfect.

Thanks for all the help.

Default Imported post

what is permaplating?

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast