Default Is this Shock & Strut price from dealer good?

So I passed 200,000 miles last month and need to replace the original shock, struts and springs on my 2004 XC70. I replaced the lower control arms last year, and will need to do the end links all around also. I was at the local dealership this afternoon to pick up a rear fog light bulb (can't find this bulb anywhere else... really??) and decided to ask them a price on installing the shocks, springs and struts. The last dealership I used offered discounts based on high mileage cars, when I was asking about something along those lines the service manager was there and offered a 15% discount on parts and labor at $90 instead of $120.

I was planning on buying the parts from tasca and doing the work myself, but there price seems pretty reasonable, facor in the 2 year warrantee having them do the work... Here's what their final price was:

Front struts, springs and spring seats. Rear shocks and springs. $1200
    Labor $450
    Alignment $145
    Total about $1800

The alignment is high, but the labor seems very low. Does this seem worth it??
    Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)
    Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - Traded in on...
    Ty - 2013 S60 R-Design!!

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

As a point of reference,
    recently I got a quote from a larger independent shop - front struts and spring seats (keeping the springs), including labor and alignment - some odd $900.

For reference
    I paid about $1100 for struts, shocks (2) front springs (rears were new), bearing plates, spring seats, complete breather system parts, compete timing belt kit, a rear R sway bar, all filters and a few other (expensive) parts I can't remember right now.
    I pay about the same as Tasca prices without the shipping

$145 is way out of line for any alignment, from anyone, most it should cost is $95 or so.

Cost me roughly $450-500 or so for ALL labor to install the above parts (plus a $85 alignment)
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Wow JRL, that's pretty incredible pricing, on the labor too. I priced out the parts listed on tasca and came out with about $950 for just the ones I listed above. The that's the only reason why I'm thinking this may be worth it, and throw in the Volvo for life 2 year warrantee, it saves me a weekend of working on it and finding the spring compressors.

Any chance you could get me a similar deal? I'm pretty close to you...
    Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)
    Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - Traded in on...
    Ty - 2013 S60 R-Design!!

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

FCP has a complete kit with everything you need to redo both the front and back suspension for $955 (http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volv...vfsk5-xcfullfr). Although not "blue box" parts, most are from OEM suppliers like Sachs and Lemforder. I also agree with JRL, the labour and alignment prices are high, even for up here. Its a fair DIY job, but it would still only be an entire Saturday job. Not really unreasonable for the average DIY owner.

Anyway, keep shopping. You can't expect any dealer to give you as slamming a deal as an on-line parts source.

Good luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff