Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Use premium gas when it gets hot outside...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
    You will start losing boost at 90F and 1psi with every 1.5F rise.
    Why's that? I mean my boost pressure gauge shows the same boost pressure no matter what the exterior temp, and the change in air density associated with the temperature rises your talking about are going to cause only a minimal drop in the amount of delivered air, about the same as driving from sea level to 500m.

Copy that on premium fuel when hot.

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Why's that? I mean my boost pressure gauge shows the same boost pressure no matter what the exterior temp, and the change in air density associated with the temperature rises your talking about are going to cause only a minimal drop in the amount of delivered air, about the same as driving from sea level to 500m.
    This has been mentioned many times before.
    I was experiencing loss of boost/power when temperatures rose from 32c upwards to a point when I had virtually no boost at temps above 40c.
    Pushing hotter air into the engine is not going to produce as much power as cooler air. (I know you know that)

The A/C in my car does not keep up with 100+ and full sun very well. Planning to tint my windows this summer...I hate heat and leather, wish cloth had been available.

Also, your radiator fan will occasionally run for a bit after vehicle shut down, especially if driving steep grades/mts before shutdown. Mine does anyway. The Volvo is the first car I've owned that does this. I guess its common amongst older Hondas and Toyotas but none of my VWs or GMs I owned ever did it. First time when it was really hot and I had to climb a steep hill to my standard hot day dog hiking spot I was worried as the fan ran for about 5mins...pretty big electrical draw. Eventually shut down though and all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
    That's funny - I notice that too (but at lower temp). When it's -20 or below, the car seems really solid - all the little creaky noises go away, it seems to run quieter, just a pleasure to drive in the cold. My Saab was the same way. My Honda HATES the cold.
    Yea it's weird lol
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12