Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Scandinavia - Finland & Baltic States Tour 2013

Scandinavia - Finland & Baltic States Tour 2013

Preview

As winter slips away along hopefully with the snow, we are setting off our next ‘Adventure’ to Scandinavia & Finland via a different route from our previous trip with new places to see, while combining it with a first visit through The Baltic States as we make our way back.

However there is a planned diversion that we are really looking forward to, so you will have to keep your eyes open if you don’t want to miss it!

Firstly: A few details about this ‘Adventure’

The calculated distance: 7000 Miles (11000Km) over 86 nights

Second: Is a test of how well you know your Country Flags as they have been placed in the order that we will be travelling through them, but how many of them do YOU recognise?

Third: The Route Map for the Outward Journey through Europe

Fourth: The Route Map for our Return Journey

So if you are still with us, and would like to come along, then climb in the ‘Third Seat’ and Buckle Up or should that be “Belt Up” in case you fancy being a Back Seat Driver!

Then with the assistance of ‘Flamenco Red’ who is always keen for the long challenging trips and the ‘Tin Tent’ off we go!

I will say up front: As we might not have Internet Access that frequently then Blog updates will be as and when we do, so bear with us if we are not that fast.

Wow, that's wonderful news! I could use a vacation, although the weather in NJ today is nice and sunny. I bet Flamenco Red will be very pleased to be on the road again Enjoy and I look forward to travelling with you~ betty!

Looking forward to the trip. When are we leaving Don't want to head north to early in the year. We are still fighting winter here, snowed on the weekend.

Tin tent is all fixed up? I know that at one point you were worried about being able to repair.

I could only imagine this adventure!

I couldn't fathom the logistics of such a trek!

Six more days than Phileas Fogg's famous trip- I bid you safe travels and happiness on your journey, and will be watching for updates.

Also, nice job on the "Streets and Trips" map from Navteq.
    *2005 Ice White XC70
    444K miles and...well...
    Driving the 08 V70 right now.

"Ah! There is nothing like the smell of burning British electrical components in the morning!"

Hi Folks!

TheDarkKnightt.

The logistics were quite simple really after getting Microsoft AutoRoute to work out work out which way after I punched in the places we wanted to get to, but we are now on version 35 of the original plan!

Thanks for your good wishes.
    P.S. There are not many British Electrical Components manufactured now, what I think you are smelling are the ones made in the Far East!

ssicarman

While we set off this coming weekend, we have been keeping an eye on the weather and were quite relieved when we saw that the 'Jet Stream' has responded to our pleas and started moving North again, so hopefully there will not be much snow when we get 'Up North' but if there is then we will get you some good pictures!

Meanwhile the 'Tin Tent' is half fixed. The accident that happened in Morocco has been sorted out but the other work on the offside upper section of the side panel will be done hopefully when we get back as I have still not had a repair date advised or confirmed by the repair workshop!

knitterbetty

'Flamenco Red' knew there was something going on when I got out the washing and polishing kit and spent a whole morning cleaning inside and out as well as the engine compartment!
    The we loaded the luggage compartment and went over to the 'Tin Tent' to start loading up while 'Flamenco Red' sat there 'smiling' from one side of the grill to the other!

I think once we get going we will get some nice pictures from this tour!

Glad that the Tin Tent accident damage is repaired. Hopefully the other stuff does not cause issues.

I asked about the weather as we are still getting this.

Hopefully you miss out on any of the white stuff as you go north.

Hi 'ssicarman'

While looking on a couple of web cameras at locations we will be passing through, the Snow there is still over 3 feet deep!
    Having said that we will not be there for a couple of weeks and it seems to be melting quite quickly since the 'Jet Stream' got back on course and moved North.

Must admit though that when I saw your pictures I thought it was something called 'Dandruff' coming out of the head of hair from the Giant in Jack & The Beanstalk!

Very nice trip. I was there ( Nordkapp ) in the 1993 in June with a old ( 1977) Ford Transit with beds or similar ......
    Regretting :

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    Hi 'ssicarman'

While looking on a couple of web cameras at locations we will be passing through, the Snow there is still over 3 feet deep!
    Having said that we will not be there for a couple of weeks and it seems to be melting quite quickly since the 'Jet Stream' got back on course and moved North.

Must admit though that when I saw your pictures I thought it was something called 'Dandruff' coming out of the head of hair from the Giant in Jack & The Beanstalk!
    3 feet of snow is a lot. Hope the Jet stream works fast for you.
    My pictures were taken before the Dandruff started coming in horizontal. It didn't stick around though. What will stick around is this weekend, we are supposed to get 10-20 cm (4-8 inches) of 'Dandruff' by Sunday.

I would assume that you are getting real spring weather in your part of the world.

Working slowly on the flags.

Wales, UK, and Germany so far. Will need to find a good map for the rest.
    Last edited by ssicarman; 04-12-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    3 feet of snow is a lot. Hope the Jet stream works fast for you.
    My pictures were taken before the Dandruff started coming in horizontal. It didn't stick around though. What will stick around is this weekend, we are supposed to get 10-20 cm (4-8 inches) of 'Dandruff' by Sunday.

I would assume that you are getting real spring weather in your part of the world.

Working slowly on the flags.

Wales, UK, and Germany so far. Will need to find a good map for the rest.
    Hi ssicarman,

Yes the Jet Stream has shoved the temperatures up into double figures which is rather nice while a conversation with a friend in Finland yesterday told us that during the day the 'Dandruff' is melting rapidly but is freezing again at night, so the roads are like a skating rink first thing in the morning!

Nice to see someone is up for the challenge on the flags, but Oops! you missed a couple between UK & Germany. I guess to save paper and any expenditure you could always try Googling them?

Well must go and get breakfast before we finish off packing Flamenco Red then go and hitch up the Tin Tent for the off!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast