Default 2013 XC70 Roof Rails

I just picked up my new 2013 T6 AWD XC70 on Thursday. It's a sweet ride, but I have found an inconsistency on the roof rails that does not match any online photos I have found. On the passenger's side, the roof rail trails down along the edge of the windshield and down into the hood. On the driver's side, the roof rail stops short of the windshield. Everything on the driver's side seems to be finished off with rubber gaskets, etc. (although the top corner of the windshield looks to be exposed). Why would Volvo use one roof rail style on the passenger's side and another on the driver's side? So far, I love this car, but this detail really annoys me. Is it correct or is it a production defect (or they ran out of the correct parts at the factory)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5403.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	5014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5406.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	5015
    Last edited by atomicscott; 03-30-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added photos.

Photos would help.

It is obviously wrong. the car should not have made it through the Pre delivery Inspection that all new car are supposed to go through at the dealer. You need to go back to the dealer yesterday and inform they of the problem. They should have the parts needed to fix the problem before you leave the dealer again. While you are there or before you even go into tell then about the problem walk the lot and inspect car that are the same year and model as yours and see how they are. Both sides will be the same but if you see both styles of rail on same models of car as yours pick the style that you like better and complain about the side that you don't like not being the same as the style that you do like.

So I went outside to look at my 2013.

Your driver side is missing a piece of trim that extends the roof rail down the windshield to the cowl.

You are missing that piece of trim.

Andres
    2013 XC70 T6, Premier Plus, BLIS Black/Black 18K miles, stock
    2004 XC70 Premium, Convenience, Climate Blue/Tan 122K miles, 2007+ ABL lights, IPD sways F & R, TME exhaust, SS brake lines, R Brembo calipers & rotors, Akebono ceramic pads F & R (replaced PCV, power steering rack, struts and springs, end links, ball joints, A-arms, all fluids)

I went back to the dealership today and discovered that my car was assembled with the correct 2013 roof rails on the passenger's side and the front portion of the 2010 roof rails on the driver's side. I have no idea how they could have mixed these parts up at the factory. Now, I have to deal with the hassle of waiting for the correct parts and have them installed. ;-(

Default .

That is crazy.

Just took my Volvo back to the dealership on Friday and they replaced the entire driver's side roof rail with the correct 2013 version. Other than this strange problem, I am loving my new XC70. It truly is a wonderful car.
    2013 XC70 T6 AWD Platinum
    2005 XC70 AWD with 92K