Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Decided to bring it to another dealer for inspection and they recommended just replacing the hose first, and did it very cheap! Tech has it down to an art and is able to replace it without taking of intake manifold. So far, running like a champ...

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike View Post
    Decided to bring it to another dealer for inspection and they recommended just replacing the hose first, and did it very cheap! Tech has it down to an art and is able to replace it without taking of intake manifold. So far, running like a champ...
    Just the hose should be all you need! The Volvo tech that did mine a long time ago did it for the cost of the parts Didn't even have to take off the intake manifold either.
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

If the system is cloged first sign of this would be oil being forced out at the filler cap. This is how i knew the PCV system was bad. Below the filler cap is a small trench and the oil will collect in the trench and drain off the top of the valve cover. It will also collect around the coil packs if you take the plastic coil pack cover off and see alot of oil, your PCV system needs to be replaced.
    Regards,
    Jeff

2001 XC70 145,xxx miles
    2004 S 60 R 89,xxx miles
    2005 Jaguar S Type R 77,xxx miles

On my 01 I have a similar problem I have a stray hose that in iron mikes top pic. The tube that's next to the broken tube of his. Has a smaller tube coming off the side of it. In the pic it has a silver clamp, it's broken so I have no idea where it would attach too. I'll post pictures tomorrow. If anyone has an idea where it goes please help.

IPD now has a "complete" package for $225 right down to the new oil filler neck o ring and 2 banjo bolts.

I did mine at 80k on a 12 year-old 2004. I figured it was worth the peace of mind. I read too many stories from people who had system failures and the subsequent engine damage.
    2004 Volvo XC70 83k
    1994 MX-5 Miata M-Edition 35k
    2003 Ford E-150 Econoline 110k

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123