Default 99XC - 125k - 2 issues : sheet metal sound at end of crank and blown Nivomat and More

Ive been pretty lucky, car has been trouble free for a long time. Wife tells me the other day that the car has a noise after it starts - I check it out. Car cranks an fires but right after start there is a sheet metal sound (like a washer on heat shield) for a few seconds. I put the car on a lift and it really seems to be coming from in the bell-housing. Noise does not return until restart however I can seem to repeat the noise by sharp right hand turns. If something is loose in the flywheel area what the hell could it be - a washer?

THEN once on a lift I do an inspection. Surprise! I see oil on the forward boot for turbo, juice has leaked out of the big front engine mount - oh, look, the bellows has slipped of one side of the steering rack and one of the rear mufflers has its internal baffles loose. Oh, did I mention that the wife failed to mention that the left Nivomat puked all of its juice out.

I was so pissed I left and looked at new Subarus...

Im back an much calmer - I can pretty much deal with all except the Nivomats - So I ask the brain trust: Will it work just to replace one or not a good idea. If you convert, will it cost more if you add spring cost?

The sound issues is wierd, Im going to remove the starter to see if I can see anything. If not - I guess Ill have to drop the trans - crap.

Could be one of the two heat shields, they do rust out
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Update -

It was the starter - thank goodness - nothing I could do about the Nivos - got 2 new ones - no noise - waiting for new driveshaft from CD to arrive. New from mount no issue. Need to work on dome light issues.

Too bad, I will have two good used XC Nivomats for sale next week
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

well, la de dah - thats just great...

oh well.