Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Exterior Aluminum door trim?

The other day while doing searches on sway bars and 17" wheels I saw a posted photo of someone's XC with what looked like aluminum lower door trim on the exterior. Sort of like those on the Audi Allroad. Does such a thing exist or were my eyes deceiving me? Anybody know where that post was? My searches come up empty. Thanks
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

search this dorum there is a cool dmo of a kid installing them. Cause ur going to need free labor as they are ridic xpensive. Cant remeber how much THEY DOOO look sweet
    Would love them

Oh that's a frustrating tease, as I said I've done numerous searches and found nothing including door trim installation as you suggested. The picture looked like someone put the aluminum or plastic piece from a XC60 on an xc70.

Sounds awful
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Found it: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...l+size+Gibbons
    down near the bottom of the page the blue xc70, a post form ifnt420 about a club member.

Good thing I didn't delete my web browsers history from last week!

Awful? I don't know about that but at least we now have something to look at to make the call for ourselves.

Here's another post but all the links are dead can't find a part #, but this post says $500 installed? Holy Hannah that's a lot of mullah for such an embellishment.

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...e+scuff+plates

Here you go! I got 'em. I think they look really nice. A bit expensive for something that doesn't really do much. But I like mine. You have to drill the black cladding under the doors, but they include these little jig that makes it easy (if you're handy with a drill and a tape measure).
    Click here:
    http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/sh...category=21783
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Thanks for the link! I also found at that site a picture of the other version with the "XC" at the end of it, but it looks like its no longer available. The new one is still pricey at almost $380.

Yeah, that site is a treasure trove of original volvo accessories for our cars, but not necessarily cheap! I got the ones with the little embossed XC on them. Also got the eyeglasses holder that replaces the grab handle, and the little gear organizer that goes in the cargo area. They sent me a free mousepad and a t-shirt (woo-Hoo!). FWIW; they were great to deal with and double check with me to make sure everything was compatible.
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Why don't you try to write what you mean!
    That's ROCKER PANEL trim not door trim. The way you described it it sounded like aluminum was in place of the large black (grey/brown/blue) plastic lower door trim
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast