Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Imported post

tahoe7, welcome aboard!  i just had to put in my two cents worth.  the more i drive the xc70, the more convinced i become it is the finest all around automobile in the world.  i have a 95 tahoe that doesn't see many miles anymore because most of the mileage is higher speed road mileage and the xc is just superior at this and holds it's own off road.  i live at 7k feet on the north side of a mountain and the last mile or so is steep, rutted gravel.  maybe as i get older, i appreciate the comfort more.  at first i was a little leery of a 'station wagon' and the connotations they used to have.  somehow or another, the xc is something other than a 'station wagon'.  good luck in your purchase.  i hearitly recommend osd.  check out my story ar www.virtualtourist.com, member homepag= RichardBlaine, OR check out the new osd dvd at your dealer, i'm in that one too.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Exclamation Imported post

thank you all.....its like having your own volvo showroom,but with people you can trust

Default Imported post

you TRUST us??

Default Imported post

Tahoe7 said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do people just lean towards the xc90 because it doesnt have the &quot;station wagon&quot; stigma???
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I thought it was SUVs that were stigmatized these days... &nbsp;

In my case, I chose the XC70 because I didn&#39;t want to drive a truck, and as has been noted many times in this forum, it offers a great combination of luxury, practicality (both hauling stuff around and trips to the mountains) and reasonable gas mileage. Also, I think it looks pretty sharp...

AutoMonkey
    2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

rkestner, Were your parents fans of Humphrey Bogart? -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rkestner @ Mar. 07 2003,01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you TRUST us??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LOL&#33;&#33;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AutoMonkey @ Mar. 07 2003,05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought it was SUVs that were stigmatized these days... [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Absolutely. &nbsp;As stated above, one of the many attractions of the XC70 is that it is not an SUV.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Thumbs up update

65K miles since OSD.

seats, ride, mpg, off-road use, station wagon utility, high speed runs, stereo system, styling, safety, community, prestige, etc. etc. etc.

again, finest automobile on the roads today! if you want to go fast, maybe a corvette? if you need to move furniture, maybe a pickup? if you are really cheap, maybe a hundai? if you want another volvo, maybe a V70R???

BUT, for overall automobile, the XC70 is it.

Local dealer sells lexus, mercedes, vw, & volvo. dealer's wife can drive anything she wants. guess what her choice is every year.

Default Xc90 vs Xc70

The XC70 is the right decision. the 90 is simply a higher version of the 70 and considerably more unstable. To sell more of them Volvo had to offer the T6 and not offer it in the 70...The taller version is so much like the 70..Volvo should have changed the look...The money difference is definitely not worth it. Over 8K more....The money difference could be spent on getting the XC70 Blk Sapp edition, which comes standard with all the goodies, including the Zenon lights, which would cost the 90 buyers big bucks...

I have stopped seeing an increase of 90 vehicles on the road...looks like it will not fly much longer...wait and see.

Andiman

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Andiman
    The XC70 is the right decision. the 90 is simply a higher version of the 70 and considerably more unstable. To sell more of them Volvo had to offer the T6 and not offer it in the 70...The taller version is so much like the 70..Volvo should have changed the look...The money difference is definitely not worth it. Over 8K more....The money difference could be spent on getting the XC70 Blk Sapp edition, which comes standard with all the goodies, including the Zenon lights, which would cost the 90 buyers big bucks...

I have stopped seeing an increase of 90 vehicles on the road...looks like it will not fly much longer...wait and see.

Andiman
    Coming from someone who owns both, you need to put down the crack pipe and spend a little time doing your research.

I commute 80-100 miles daily, switching between them quite a bit. I love both of them, prefer the 70 for the better mileage and ooomph, but body roll in terrible in comparison to the 90. To compare them as one being taller isn't fair nor accurate.

Yes, they are similar, but by no means a knockoff of each other. Pricing of each of them w/ or w/out their respective options are strikingly similar as well.

To each his own - I don't have a favorite - they are both great:

XC90 pros: handling/cornering, size/room and seating for 7
    XC70 pros: speed, gas mileage, comfy seats

Cons for both - crappy radio quality, jerky shifting

My 2 cents
    04 XC70
    05 XC90

Both great cars--it would be like choosing which child you like best!!!
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast