Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Radio & "Cigarette Lighter" Electrical Issue

I have a 2004 XC70. I recently installed an aftermarket bluetooth kit with no issues.
    However now the Bluetooth, Radio, & "Cigarette Lighter"(both dash & rear) don't seem to be working.
    The radio did however eject a CD, which leads me to believe that it is still getting 12 v power and perhaps it is an issue with the 12v ignition lead. This could explain why the "cigarette lighters" don't work either. They from what I understand are activated by a relay that also requires a 12v ignition lead, flipping them on with the turn of the key.
    Is there a fuse for the ignition lead? I have checked all of the applicable fuses in the drivers side box, nothing was tripped.
    I also thought maybe radio security, but it has never asked for an anti-theft code, and that wouldn't explain the cigarette lighters not working.
    In addition the car was worked on this past week by a great garage, but could have something been mis programed in the computer?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Best,
    Hood

You have a blown fuse.
    Open side dash panel and look at 15AMP fuse in location #13.

I checked that fuses as well as the radio fuses (15 & 16 I believe). Any other fuse suggestions. As I said, I think it must be the ignition lead...

H