Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

In to the second week since the repair. The FD is not showing any leak. The exhaust surface below the FD is cold and dry at touch.
    While it was on 4 jack stands, it showed the strut bellows torn and the bump stop worn out.
    2001 V70XC +204k miles/ XeMODeX/ Pirelli 12/32"/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Great Lakes

A quick update a year after the FD was resealed, and each shaft seal replaced.
    All is well!
    2001 V70XC +204k miles/ XeMODeX/ Pirelli 12/32"/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Great Lakes

I am new to this site and have a really strange question about a leaking viscus coupler. Has anyone experienced intermittent leaks from the viscus coupler? Mine started leaking about a year ago, so I had the shaft seal replaced and all was fine until two days ago. The leak returned, I cleaned it up and it hasn't leaked sense. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Runover View Post
    I am new to this site and have a really strange question about a leaking viscus coupler. Has anyone experienced intermittent leaks from the viscus coupler? Mine started leaking about a year ago, so I had the shaft seal replaced and all was fine until two days ago. The leak returned, I cleaned it up and it hasn't leaked sense. Any ideas?
    There are many sources of leak in-and-around VC.
    Was the leak two days ago where Propshaft meets VC?

Default Leaking VC

Now that some time has passed the VC is leaking again only at a much slower rate. From what I can tell the leak is coming from the rear seal or at least at the rear of the VC. I would like to attach a photo but I don't know how to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Runover View Post
    Now that some time has passed the VC is leaking again only at a much slower rate. From what I can tell the leak is coming from the rear seal or at least at the rear of the VC. I would like to attach a photo but I don't know how to that.
    Rear of VC would mean where VC mates with Final Drive.
    Photos will help.

Use "Go Advance" button to access photo/image upload function.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456