Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Quote Originally Posted by knitterbetty View Post
    Oh I am so joyful here in dreary NJ, I logged out and immediately got the pages in the correct order, I am now going back to page 13 to resume my trip! A thousand thanks! Of course I had to log in to reply to you, but now I know to log out . I like the name flamenco red, my daughter and I call her xc 70 "goldie" obviously she is gold.. and my black s60 is black beauty. thanks loads!
    Happy to help, enjoy the rest of the trip in the 'Third Seat'!

I'm still in Morocco, enjoying the scenery. Do the merchants, like when you order food, for example, know english? also, did you worry about the safety of the local water when you drank the mint tea? Nice, giving the schoolchildren paper and pencils, very thoughtful. I'm going to hate to get back to the UK! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by knitterbetty View Post
    I'm still in Morocco, enjoying the scenery. Do the merchants, like when you order food, for example, know english? also, did you worry about the safety of the local water when you drank the mint tea? Nice, giving the schoolchildren paper and pencils, very thoughtful. I'm going to hate to get back to the UK! thanks!
    When we ordered food if you knew any French then it was helpful, but having explained to the person that we were 'English' firstly their faces lit up with a wonderful smile as the English people are remembered in Morocco for their polite manners, so after that the conversation was in English albeit at times a bit difficult so we would throw in the odd French or Arabic word to help, and at the end of the purchase it was smiles all round normally with a firm handshake that spoke volumes about the person you had just spoken to!

Mint tea was never a problem as the water had been boiled. We did hear from some friends who went on an organised tour and out of 22 couples 19 of them had stomach 'problems'! That for us was an influencing factor on doing our own thing!

The paper and pencils brought out tremendous smiles and 'Thank you/Merci boquet/Shokran' from everyone we gave them to and when you think that the small villages especially in the far South of the country are extremely poor then our gift was very welcome.

We met children who spoke good English and had finished school at the age of 12 years because the family could no longer afford to pay for their education.

I would not come back to the UK just yet as the current weather is absolutely terrible!!

Thanks, lots of interesting information.I decided not to go back to the UK yet, I'm going to transfer to the third seat and enjoy the trip to Germany and Poland!