Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old idea, need kit - aluminum dash in my '07 XC70

Hey everybody,

I want to swap out my (now cracked) wood trim in my '07 XC70 for the aluminum stuff. I know it's possible, I just need the Volvo kit from somewhere online...but I can't find anything. I know the kit is super rare but does anyone have one or an idea of where to get it that isn't my Volvo dealer? Frankly, I'm not even sure my Volvo dealer would have it either.

Any clues or direction would be much appreciated! I'd love to be able to say my interior is a little different. (since I haven't actually done the V70R gauges yet )
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

No one makes a factory alum. kit, just aftermarket stick on/stick over existing pieces
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I once replaced the faux wood door panel and glovebox trim pieces on a 2001 XC and acquired the aluminum versions from Borton Volvo. Not sure if they still carry those parts but you could try contacting them. Part numbers and pricing are contained in the link below. Word of note, the door panel clips are different on 05-07 MYs so removing them requires a slightly different approach.

http://www.borton.com/parts.html

If you don’t have any luck with Borton, try this online site. You'll need to select V70 as well as model year, body and interior to view the parts. Glove compartment is under interior equipment.

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/

Somewhat relevant - how difficult is it to change the Wood Trim piece that surrounds the gear shift? We just got a used 2006 XC70 and there was a notch in the current piece so the dealer is sending us a replacement piece. Is this easy to remove and replace? Any links to where I can see this done?
    Thanks!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by enggass View Post
    Somewhat relevant - how difficult is it to change the Wood Trim piece that surrounds the gear shift? We just got a used 2006 XC70 and there was a notch in the current piece so the dealer is sending us a replacement piece. Is this easy to remove and replace? Any links to where I can see this done?
    Thanks!
    Pretty simple procedure actually. You can see how it's done in the link below.

http://www.volvoxc.com/features/imiv...lation-review/

Perfect! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I once replaced the faux wood door panel and glovebox trim pieces on a 2001 XC and acquired the aluminum versions from Borton Volvo. Not sure if they still carry those parts but you could try contacting them. Part numbers and pricing are contained in the link below. Word of note, the door panel clips are different on 05-07 MYs so removing them requires a slightly different approach.

http://www.borton.com/parts.html

If you don’t have any luck with Borton, try this online site. You'll need to select V70 as well as model year, body and interior to view the parts. Glove compartment is under interior equipment.

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/
    I was on the volvo parts webstore and they have some of the pieces, like those for the dash and glovebox, but they don't have the door trims pieces and it would be awkward getting into a car with aluminum on the dash and wood on the doors lol plus the door trim is what's cracked. Of course the harder parts to find would be the busted ones... -_-
    I'll send an e-mail over to borton and see if they can come up with anything but who knows! I'd seriously love to do this swap, not even because the pieces are busted but finding the parts is just going to be a pain.
    I wish it was easier to find the brushed aluminum trim than the R gauges.
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...

They never gave me part numbers but my closest dealer said around $350 for the doors, $350 for the radio/HVAC surround. No shifter surround, no glovebox. Looks like the shifter/HVAC surround is what's keeping me from going ahead on this. Can't have aluminum with a little wood lol although that might look neat...

That's nuts!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Yea so I'm definitely not buying these parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast